Author Topic: Thorn Tandem with Rohloff and S&S in California USA  (Read 1481 times)

mickeg

Mike Ayling

Re: Thorn Tandem with Rohloff and S&S in California USA
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2017, 12:24:56 am »
I have not seen a Rohloff shifter like that before with the cables exiting via noodles, is this some after market option?

Mike

mickeg

Re: Thorn Tandem with Rohloff and S&S in California USA
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2017, 11:42:58 am »
The person that put the cabling together must have wanted to force the cable run to take a bend that way, so they put in the noodles.

I did the same on my Nomad when I switched to using the HubBub adapter where my shifter is on the end of my drop bar.  I did not want the cables going straight towards the headtube so I put some brake noodles in there, photos attached.

For my bike, I got the idea from a friend of mine that has Shimano brifters, his cables exit the brifters and go straight towards the center where his handlebar bag is so he put noodles on it to bend the cable downwards to get handlebar bag clearance.

Since this section is "bikes for sale" I should make the comment that the bike in the attached photos is my Nomad and it is NOT FOR SALE, I am only showing the photos to answer a question.