Private Classified > Bike Bits / Accessories For Sale

SOLD Raven Tour frameset plus

(1/1)

PH:
SOLD - Thanks for looking

After six years the itch set in and I had to try my Rohloff in something other than the Thorn Raven Tour it came in.  So the following is surplus to requirements
Frame – Size 587L, have a look on the Thorn website for some specifics.  The L is for long toptube so more suited to straight bars than drops.  It is a big frame, I'm 6'2” and it suites me.  There are a few chips and scrapes, the worst on the RH chainstay (see photo below) there are no dents or dings.  I replaced the EBB insert last year for £30.  The Orbit XL headset is on its second set of bearings and if it'd  benefit from a new pair when it gets rebuilt, easily available. Or see below.
Seatpost - original Thorn post, moving freely in the frame.
Forks – Reynolds 531, fittings for mudguards, and rack. The steerer cut down to around 300mm.  With a 120mm 17 degree stem (Not included) that put the bars a little below the saddle for me.
Chainset – Original Thorn 175mm Chainset with some cheap Shimano SPD pedals. 39T ring a couple of years old, with plenty life left.
Rims – I wouldn't normally bother reusing rims, but these are the Rigida Grizzly carbide coated ones with loads of life left. The current price is £80 each, one has done 5,000 miles the other less then 2,000.  They're reputed to last at least 4 times as long as other rims, they offer better wet weather braking and you don’t get that black gunk in the wet.  You do need to use the specific blocks. These look in decent condition so well worth using and are both 32 hole.
Tyres – I'll include a 1.35” Marathon Plus with a bit of life and a 1.5” Panaracer T-Serve in good condition, plus a few tubes.
Mudguards – The original SKS wide mudguards in decent condition.
Brakes – XT parallel push for the front and standard Deore V for the back.  Pair of Deore levers.
Pump – Frame fit Zefal HPX

If I had the space to keep it I'd have had it re powder coated and fitted an Alfine 8 speed hub and Shimano Dynamo, that would have cost around £300 to build it into a bombproof commuter.  The EBB makes it well suited for hub gears or single speed.
I don't know how to value this, if you bought it all new it'd be over £800.  I have had a lot of use out of it and it has got a lot of useful life left.  I'm going to ask £240 including postage, it's advertised in a few places, if there's no interest after a week I'll be open to offers.

Add ons – The buyer can have first dibs on the following.
Tubus Logo rear rack, a bit of surface rust but still sound, £20. 
A new never fitted Enigma Headset, £50+ on their website and claimed to be like a Chris King, £20. 
A pair of Schmidt E6 halogen lights if they're fitting a dynamo and prefer the faint yellow glow to the bright white LED.  They were cutting edge and stupidly expensive when I bought them, I'll include them free.
Spokes for SON front and Rohloff rear, free if I can find them.
Scrape

Complete bike for illustration taken last year.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version