Author Topic: ELECTRIC SHIFT FOR ROHLOFF? ON EBAY  (Read 1957 times)

energyman

Re: ELECTRIC SHIFT FOR ROHLOFF? ON EBAY
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2014, 02:03:33 pm »
Why bother ?

(for the person who has everything there is always penicillin !)  :D :D :D

Matt2matt2002

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2014, 02:25:52 pm »
Are you bovvered?
Me too. I'm not bovvered.
Was a waste of space.

(But maybe someone with an arm/ hand disability?)

Matt
Never drink and drive. You may hit a bump  and spill your drink

Andre Jute

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2014, 03:32:28 pm »
Yes, this does rather seem like a product in search of a problem to solve. It's not an auto shifter, it just eliminates two cables bu adding a radio and motors.

Even if it were a full auto-shifter for a Rohloff, I'm not so sure there's a real market for it.

There was a full auto-shifter for Shimano hub gearboxes, and manufacturers of upmarket commuter bikes in The Netherlands took to it enthusiastically, but their clientele were not convinced. My semi-sporting version is described at http://coolmainpress.com/BICYCLINGsmover.html My Smover was a very efficient bike, cutting several minutes off a routine 45m ride by being in the optimum gear all the time. But, as far as I know, that version of the system is off the market now, and for the obvious reason: not enough people wanted it.

I'd pay extra for a full-auto Rohloff, but not as much as £450. The incremental value against a slick run-in Rohloff manual change just isn't worth that much.

sd

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2014, 12:45:45 pm »
As everyone has pointed out what is the point, price aside, the benefit are ;)... there isn't one or at best miniscule? Now add in price. Daftest thing I have seen for sometime.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2014, 01:02:12 pm by sd »