Author Topic: Anyone Heard From Revelo?  (Read 1432 times)

moodymac

Anyone Heard From Revelo?
« on: September 12, 2013, 04:35:12 am »
To whom it may concern,

A couple of weeks ago, I went to frankrevelo.com to see if Frank had started his upcoming bike tour (http://frankrevelo.com/hiking/trips_2013_07.htm).  I was pleased to see that he had.  However, after reading some rather alarming statements (ref. an unexplained upcoming crisis, and the future purchase of a firearm) and the abrupt ending of the post (ending the same day, 7 JUL 13), I have some concern for his well being.

I have read all his bike tours, but always after they were finished.  I don't know if he post periodically or writes it all upon completion of the trip.  So this concern may all for naught.  If anyone knows if he does his writing post trip, let me know.  If anyone has had contact with him (via text, etc.), let me know.

Frank tours in very remote areas and his trips are usually 3 or 4 months long.  His writing style is unique and opinions are stated in a brutally honest manner.  He has never mentioned family by name and lives in motels in Reno, NV when not touring on bike, or hiking in Europe.  I have tried to e-mail him with no reply as of yet.

Hopefully someone can account for his whereabouts, or well being.

Tom

moodymac

Re: Anyone Heard From Revelo?
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2013, 05:38:52 am »
P.S.

Just read his report of his last hiking trip through Spain.  Near the end some light on some of Frank's remarks.  The hoarding of food and future purchase of a firearm are in response to a possible solar flare in 2014.  Storm is forecast by some to so strong it may cripple electronic systems, i.e. banking, ATM, internet, etc..  Seems reasonable to me, I feel better.  Bet he reports after completing the trip.

Tom

Mike Ayling

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2013, 09:41:46 am »
Re solar flare - if it also blankets mobile phone usage for a while I won't be too upset!

Mike

moodymac

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2013, 05:51:52 pm »
Good News,

Heard from revelo today via e-mail.  Everything is a go and he will update tour upon returning in a few weeks.

Tom