Author Topic: SOLD: Thorn Raven Sport size 561L - REDUCED £1000 - North Wales  (Read 1877 times)

mrtharrison

SOLD: Thorn Raven Sport size 561L - REDUCED £1000 - North Wales
« on: September 18, 2023, 10:00:55 am »
I’m selling my stealthy matt black Thorn Raven Sport, dropping the price further to £1000.

This Rohloff and Schmidt hub dynamo equipped 26-inch wheeler is fun to ride and makes a decent lightweight tourer or commuter. The frame is size 561L, which has the following dimensions (taken from Thorn’s 2011 catalogue which also gives a wealth of information about the bike https://www.yumpu.com/en/document/read/11943898/raven-tour-and-sport-tour-brochure-spring-2011-thorn ):
•   Virtual seat tube (centre of BB to centre of virtual top tube): 561mm
•   Actual seat tube (centre of BB to centre of top-tube): 471 mm
•   Virtual top tube: 610 mm
•   Chainstay: 428 mm
•   Seat angle: 72.75 degrees
•   Mid tube standover height: 787 mm
•   Standover height at front of tube: 826 mm

Depending on your preferred riding style this could suit someone 5ft 11 upwards, but I’d strongly recommend coming to try it out for size.

Components:
•   Rohloff 500/14 speedhub with 16 tooth sprocket
•   Thorn chainset with 44 tooth reversible chainring
•   Thorn eccentric bottom bracket insert with Shimano UN 300 bottom bracket (new in May 2022)
•   KMC X9 chain (brand new, just fitted)
•   Schmidt SON 20R dynamo hub
•   Rigida Grizzly 26 inch 559 mm trekking rims
•   Marathon Evolution Supreme 26 x 1.6 inch folding tyres (brand new, just fitted)
•   Thorn 10 degree flat track 25.4mm handlebars
•   Ergon GP1 biokork grips
•   Shimano Deore M590 brake levers and V brakes (brand new pads just fitted)
•   SKS Chromoplastic mudguards
•   Shimano M324 SPD/flat pedals
•   Selle SMP TRK Medium saddle
•   Lightweight alloy rear pannier rack (sorry not sure what model)
•   Trelock front dynamo light
•   Busch and Muller rear dynamo light

I bought it second-hand and have done just over 5000 km on it but have kept it well-maintained, with annual oil changes for the Rohloff (most recently in June 2023). I’ve just fitted brand-new Marathon Supreme tyres, a new chain and front and rear brake pads.  I’ll also include some lightly worn Marathon Plus tyres (they’ve done less than 1000 km).

Overall, it is in good condition. It has a few cosmetic marks and scratches on the paintwork, although nothing through to the metal and no dents. There is some slight surface corrosion on the front fork and around the top and bottom of the headset. The rear light casing was damaged but has been repaired with glue (not pretty but is watertight). Some photos attached but more available on request.

Collection from North Wales (LL55) preferred or local delivery for the cost of diesel, but I’m not posting it. I’m travelling to Bristol in mid-October, Brighton in early November and North Somerset at Christmas, so may also be able to arrange collection or local drop-off from those locations at those times.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2023, 10:41:04 pm by mrtharrison »

mrtharrison

Re: For Sale: Thorn Raven Sport size 561L - £1100 - North Wales
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2023, 02:24:34 pm »
Price reduced