Author Topic: Thorn Me'n'U2 Triplet Tandem for sale; Shropshire UK  (Read 1652 times)

Martin_Brown

Thorn Me'n'U2 Triplet Tandem for sale; Shropshire UK
« on: June 01, 2023, 07:33:17 pm »
Sadly our much loved Thorn Me'n'U2 is for sale  :(

Has about 900 miles on it. No corrosion. A few marks on the paint - mainly from getting on and off. Always stored indoors.

Fitted with a Woosh Bikes Bafang BPM hub motor - this has serious grunt and is enough to get you and your children up a 1:6 / 17% hill with minimal pedalling. I needed the motor to survive the Shropshire hills. Front wheel was custom built by The Tandem Shop in Coalport. Front wheel drive - most of the weight is on the front wheel - and this works very well. The e-bike kit is mounted using custom machined aluminium brackets for extra reliability. The e-bike system is very reliable and won't let you down. If you don't want the motor I can take it off and fit the original forks and front wheel.

The rear stoker position has the handlebar fitted to the top-tube. This was done by Thorn Cycles as it means the front stoker / mid position saddle can go a lot lower. Rear seat is suitable for ~4yr old upwards, middle seat is suitable for ~6yr old upwards.

Pics are here: https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/931051618155004

There are only a few reasons why you wouldn't want this machine:
  • If you don't have two children of about the right age;
  • If you don't have anywhere to store it - it is rather big;
  • If you can't ride from your house - it isn't going to fit into your car although it will fit in a van;
  • If you are easily embarassed. You are going to attract a lot of attention. Even if people pretend not to notice they will take photos when they think you aren't looking  ::). On the plus side this means that cars will give you plenty of room as they take a look.

kwkirby01

Re: Thorn Me'n'U2 Triplet Tandem for sale; Shropshire UK
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2023, 10:20:07 pm »
I no longer have children at home, but your post takes me back to our red Me'n'U2 triplet I used to take kids to school and nursery. Happy days!
Good luck with the sale. Kevin
Kevin K. Glasgow