Community > Member's Gallery

North American Thorn Owners (NATO) Photo Album

<< < (3/5) > >>

Mario:
Wonderful Picture, I'm green with envy. What does a German tourist look like?

Cephas:
quote:Originally posted by Mario

What does a German tourist look like?

Well, since you ask.....
       (This space reserved for "THE GERMAN TOURIST STORY")
                (Coming Soon To This Forum)

Istanbul_Tea:
In the States we characterize a German tourist as someone who typically wears the following-

1.  Socks that reach to just below the kneecap.

2.  Socks that are either white or dark in color.

3.  Sandals on their socked feet.

4.  Very tight short pants e.g. gym trunks.

5.  A fanny pack.

6.  A Tee shirt with either some touristy American logo or some unreadable German slogan.

7.  A Macy's, FAQ Swartz, Toys R Us and/or I Love NY bag in their hand.

8.  A camera drapped around their neck.

9.  A mullet-style haircut(typically but not always).

10.  Some kind of 'floppy-style', foldable hat.

But what really stands out would be the very short, very tight shorts.  That and usually a lack of suntan on those very exposed legs.

Cephas:
quote:Originally posted by Istanbul_Tea

In the States we characterize a German tourist as someone who typically wears the following-  (snip)

I thought those were the French Canadians who summer at the New England beaches.

Mario:
I am speechless! You just described the typical tourist from the US of A. With a few exeptions -:
1)2)and 3): American; 4): I'm not sure. If 5) is the same as a bumbag: American. German males carry a sort of clutch bag. 6)and 7) definitely American. 8)probably of Japanese extraction, but also American. 9) don't know what that is. 10) that hat is pure American! The white legs are universal to start with, later they turn a sort of salmon colour! All to be viewed at hotspots like Stratford on Avon or Heidelberg for example. Or could it be that tourists of any Nation feel free to dress in a particular manner as CEPHAS' answer appears to suggest.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version