Community > Cycle Tours

Channel to Med

(1/3) > >>

degsy:
Although I've cycled in different parts of France over the years, mainly during summer holidays, I've never travelled such a distance in one journey/holiday.  I would be grateful if anyone knows of any suitable routes/books/maps/hints that cover a such a trek.  As I am retired I'm not looking for heroic mountain challenges or riding long distances from dawn to dusk, more the flat, quiet, sedate out-of-the-way country roads.
Any suggestions/advice welcome.
Thanks,

lewis noble:
Looks like a good project!!

I am trying to get info on routes in the Loire Valley - the Lonely Planet Guide to Cycling in France seems to be out of print now.  Any suggestions?  though it should be easy enough to navigate oneself using the Michelin maps.

Lewis

Fred A-M:
Both the Lonely Planet Guides to France and the Cicerone Guide to the Loire are available through Amazon.

Type in "Cycling France"

degsy:
Thanks for that, chaps.  I've had a look at both those books and they seem to concentrate on short tours in a particular region, say the Loire or Jura but not a complete route through France.  Maybe I should try and piece them together, or it looks like I'll have to sit down and plan my own trek.

sardar:
We travelled the length of the Loire this summer, starting from Valence, mostly using the Cicerone guideto the River Loire. Although you would have to use it backwards, it could be a good route, plenty of campsites, mostly not mentioned in the guide, all bar one very reasonable

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version