Community > Cycle Tours

W2W Sustrans Route

(1/2) > >>

hux:
Just completed this on my RST,anybody thinking of doing it and has any questions I will try and help.

geocycle:
Tht's a good route. Do you have any pictures?

lewis noble:
I have just returned home (Sheffield) after a lovely ride on the Walney to Whitby.  Superb weather, though icy on the tops in the mornings.  started Tuesday afternoon, first night in Coniston (a diversion to see my daughter), then to Tebay (Cross Keys Inn - friendly and a shed for storage), the up to Tan Hill, last night at Royal Oak in Great Ayton - and then . . . the N Yorks Moors.  I thought I was used to hills, being so near the Peak District - but the N Y Moors were very hard work . . . indeed.  20% hills to gain height, then you lose it, only to have to gain it again . . .

197 miles in total  No punctures or anything, just dropped a glove down a toilet.  No problems with RT of course, and there are some quite rough bits on many of the lanes which are hard to avoid on a long ride.

Thanks for advice, geocycle - it was worth it.

Lewis

geocycle:
Delighted you had a good trip!  Looking forward to seeing some pics.

debrillo:
Hi there, this is my first post. I'm thinking of cycling the W2W as part of 500 mile tour next year, other routes are C2C, Hornsea Trail and White Rose Cycle Way. the plan is on draft and will be camping with the odd youth hostel here and there. Is there any good camp-sites on the W2W.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version