Author Topic: Audax Mk3  (Read 3156 times)

rualexander

Audax Mk3
« on: July 24, 2011, 06:57:25 pm »
Had a good run today on my Thorn Audax Mk3 on what I suspect may turn out to be the best day of the year for weather!
Started in Braco then rode over to Comrie, up to St Fillans and round Loch Earn and then back over to Braco.

Picture was taken from South Loch Earn road, looking across Loch Earn and up Glen Ogle.

Relayer

Re: Audax Mk3
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2011, 08:36:02 am »
Very nice picture, great countryside for cycling.  I have been meaning to take a run up the cycle track through Glen Ogle (part of Callander to Killin and back), will get around to it sometime soon I hope.

The matt black Mk 3 looks really nice too, that would be my colour choice if I could justify getting yet another bike.

rualexander

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2011, 12:44:52 pm »
Thanks, mine is gloss racing green though! Maybe doesn't show up too well in the photo.

Relayer

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2012, 06:30:52 pm »
What kind of saddle bag mount is that you have?  And would you recommend it?

I've never used a saddle bag without a rack, but I am thinking a saddle bag mount like that which lifts the bag clear of brakes etc might be a good move.

rualexander

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2012, 07:16:14 pm »
What kind of saddle bag mount is that you have?  And would you recommend it?

I've never used a saddle bag without a rack, but I am thinking a saddle bag mount like that which lifts the bag clear of brakes etc might be a good move.
It's a bit of a diy mount using the klickfix system and an adapted Carradice Barley bag.
I described it over on the ctc forum here.
It works well but is only suitable for small bags like the Barley as the klickfix bracket has a 5kg weight limit.

Relayer

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2012, 08:43:50 am »
Thanks for the very prompt response, however I think I would need more than 5kg capacity.

I've looked at Carradice Bagman/SQR systems online, just checking for any alternatives out there. 

scotian

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2012, 01:00:21 pm »
Very nice, the green looks great with the Brooks.

Cheers

Ian