Author Topic: Wanted - Thorn Audax 570M/L Classic or Mk3.  (Read 3764 times)

donnieban

• Bealach na Ba
Wanted - Thorn Audax 570M/L Classic or Mk3.
« on: February 10, 2014, 09:16:12 pm »
It seems sometimes you don't know what you want till you start looking! All I wanted originally was a cheapish winter training bike but ...

Looking for a 570 Medium/Large framed Audax bike or alternatively a nice frame and fork but must be vgc. Happy to travel perhaps to the Lakes as otherwise delivery to Isle of Skye would be required.

I didn't realize I secretly always wanted a Nomad either. ;)

donnieban

jags

Re: Wanted - Thorn Audax 570M/L Classic or Mk3.
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2014, 10:12:22 pm »
sure hope you get it this time round,i didn't think i wanted a tourer until i sold my sherpa  ;D ;D

donnieban

• Bealach na Ba
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2014, 11:10:07 pm »
Cheers jags.

Can but try. The option of building up a new frame exists but I'm not sure I could suffer using it then on rainy days which rather defeats the purpose.  ::)

donnieban

jags

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2014, 11:16:46 pm »
yeah but nothing beats the feeling of a new bike no matter the weather ;D

leftpoole

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2014, 08:42:30 am »
sure hope you get it this time round,i didn't think i wanted a tourer until i sold my sherpa  ;D ;D

http://www.oxfordbikeworks.co.uk/OxfordBikeWorks/Home.html
Anto, Enjoy!
John

jags

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2014, 11:01:25 am »
i came across them last month ,there was a bit of a discusion on yacf about the bikes the outcome was the bikes were made in Asia and the 525 Reynolds were top dollar,still no harm aking i'll email them later on today.how is the 853 getting on. ;)

leftpoole

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2014, 12:04:09 pm »
i came across them last month ,there was a bit of a discusion on yacf about the bikes the outcome was the bikes were made in Asia and the 525 Reynolds were top dollar,still no harm aking i'll email them later on today.how is the 853 getting on. ;)

853 is wrapped up nice and warm! Weather even at the seaside is dreadful for riding. Storms all the time and rainfall like never seen before. When will it ever end?
The Oxford frames look very nice and if I had a set of 26" wheels I would go for one. As it is I have two sets of 700c wheels and parts to complete one bike but---no money!!
John

jags

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2014, 01:36:22 pm »
no money i could write a book on been broke  ;D ;D
got a price from sjs this morning for the older model club tour 480euro plus postage would bring it to over 500.as i stand i cant buy for at least 2 months even then could be a struggle.
anyway i'll keep me hopes alive for another while.
 be sure to keep that 853 wrappen up until the weather improves John we are expecting a lot of bad weather today and tomorrow .roll on the summer.

donnieban

• Bealach na Ba
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2014, 09:18:33 pm »
Not exactly cheap those Oxford frames, why would you and I doubt you would leftpoole.... :D

Anyways, still looking for a THORN Audax bike or frame to build up.

donnieban