Technical > General Technical

XTC SWB classic

<< < (3/3)

PH:
It's great to see someone still enjoying their 20 year old bike, is it your only bike?

PhilD28:
No, I keep building them up. I have a 25 year old Dave Yates 26" wheeled Hosteller frame that was built for me that I built up into a bike also a Derailleur geared Nomad, again from new, alonside a fast road bike based upon a Genesis 725 frame.

The Dave Yates hosteller is a beautiful frame that handles most things well including loaded touring.

I build my own wheels and normally only buy F&F.

My wife has a Thorn XTC day tourer and a Roberts Roughstuff which she uses when we have extended tours abroad which is most summers. Normally average about 60 or 70 miles a day for our two month camping jaunts.
It's been a lifelong passion for me starting in 1963 when I joined the local cycling club, still peddalling every day at 65 despite having to take a year or two off after knee surgery a few years back but all's well now.

jags:
Wow Phil fair play to you and the  missus you guys certainly put in the miles ,
i have lower back problems these days so  no more big miles for this ould bird, tho if push came to shove i would manage it  ;)

Sounds like you have a great collection of quality bikes ,i just have 2 these days Thorn Audax and my Terry Dolan Le tape  class bike only use it for group rides with all the carbon warriors  ;D

anyway enjoy your cycling stay safe.

anto.

PH:
Nice collection of bikes Phil.
I've built up a nice collection over the years but end up doing 90%+ of my miles on one.  Circumstances are such that it would be more practical to just have the one, but can't bring myself to do it and don't know anyone who has for any period of time. 

PhilD28:
I know what you mean, I've tried having just one bike but it always seems too much of a compromise. Going away on a long camping tour needs a much heavier built frame and wheels than for riding a 100 mile Audax or going away for a few days in B&B's. Owning a few is a nice indulgence.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version