Author Topic: night riding many do it.  (Read 2302 times)

jags

night riding many do it.
« on: August 21, 2013, 10:16:10 pm »
just heading out for a night ride looks to be a nice night .20 miles planned  i'll see when i get out there.

ianshearin

Re: night riding many do it.
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2013, 10:33:48 pm »
Oooh, im a bit jealous.....

Have a good un...
In the end, it's not going to matter how many breaths you took, but how many moments took your breath away.
'shing xiong'

Andre Jute

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2013, 11:52:42 pm »
Missed my dusk ride because I was cooking. That's a good idea, Jags!

Danneaux

• Administrator
  • reisen statt rasen
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2013, 11:57:10 pm »
'Been just over 90 minutes; he should be back by now.... Jags? D'ya do okay?

Be careful Out There.

Best,

Dan.

jags

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2013, 12:31:22 am »
just back lads 18.5 miles lovely night for cycling, man it looks so so different at night (obviously  is black dark) ::) would you believe i met a polish guy he was just finishing his night ride thank god as he was a lean mean machine nice lad though  ;D

well i need a much stronger dynamo headlight, the cat eye is great but it's battery so only get a few hours out of it .dan what was a head light you reckon was best  i'll need to invest.

so lads get your lights out and get a few nigh spins in there great.

cheers
jags.

Danneaux

• Administrator
  • reisen statt rasen
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2013, 01:29:12 am »
Jags,

For the money -- and despite my wishes for the earlier reflector sans hotspot -- the B&M HL Lumotec IQ Cyo R Senso Plus nearfield LED headlight has worked well for me. Another contender is the Philips Saferide. Both lights offer good beams for the money.

There are other good ones out there as well, but those two are good for the price. If you also wish USB charging capability, then the AXA Nano Plus Rualexander has is a tremendous value overall in that you don't need to purchase a separate charger. I think I prefer the Cyo beam pattern, but it is also a matter of preference and I do already have a charger, so that offered a bit more freedom to choose my beam.

Best,

Dan.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2013, 01:34:54 am by Danneaux »

jags

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2013, 01:33:13 am »
cheers dan did you  see my last post came across light and wheel on bike discount .

Danneaux

• Administrator
  • reisen statt rasen
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2013, 01:35:35 am »
id you  see my last post came across light and wheel on bike discount ...
Just getting to it now, jags. Will answer over there in a few.

All the best,

Dan.

jags

« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2013, 01:37:20 am »
cheers dan.

honesty

« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2013, 09:41:27 am »
I usually ride Monday evenings up to about 10pm. Night riding is fun! Dusk is great as well, at the moment we've been getting some really impressive sunsets here and with the full moon its been brilliant.

For lighting I have 2 of these: http://www.moon-sport.com/product-detail.php?id=8 - 600 lumens for 2.5 hours sees me fine, though I can drop the output down to around 220 lumens and get 6.5 hours of of the lights.

jags

« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2013, 12:24:36 pm »
that looks a super  light but i'm gonna go for the Bush N muller dynamo with charger  when i can afford it kinda makes sense that light.
yeah well worth the night rides but you cetainly need quality lights lights that wont let you down.