Technical > General Technical

Theft prevention

<< < (22/27) > >>

Matt2matt2002:

--- Quote from: in4 on June 30, 2021, 07:01:41 pm ---Lovely photo Matt. Likes like a great time in progress.

--- End quote ---
Thanks. I was there 2 nights ago. I'll have to write up the trip in the tour section. No one for miles but of course, always wise to lock your steed.

ourclarioncall:

--- Quote from: Matt2matt2002 on June 30, 2021, 04:19:44 pm ---Theft prevention usually linked to parked bike location.
No problems here on a Scottish loch.

Just saying.....

Best

Matt

--- End quote ---

Ah, living the dream 🙂

I was going to ask where your at... but giving out those details on the forum might make a bike thief happy. Looks like fun , enjoy

Matt2matt2002:
Ha ha. Yes, it was a kind of perfect dream.
Quite remote. Just me and a few pesky midges.
The loch is on the road between Achnasheen and Lochcarron.
In the interest of keeping on topic, my security arrangements consisted of a combination wire lock, never leaving sight of my Raven and carefully picking my parking spot.
Oh, and fingers always crossed. Can't do any harm?

JohnR:

--- Quote from: Matt2matt2002 on July 01, 2021, 09:33:14 am ---In the interest of keeping on topic, my security arrangements consisted of a combination wire lock, never leaving sight of my Raven and carefully picking my parking spot.

--- End quote ---
A motion sensor alarm such as https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07PQ92SHC would alert you if some animal tries to molest your bike while you're in the tent.

ourclarioncall:

--- Quote from: Matt2matt2002 on July 01, 2021, 09:33:14 am ---Ha ha. Yes, it was a kind of perfect dream.
Quite remote. Just me and a few pesky midges.
The loch is on the road between Achnasheen and Lochcarron.
In the interest of keeping on topic, my security arrangements consisted of a combination wire lock, never leaving sight of my Raven and carefully picking my parking spot.

--- End quote ---

Just checked it on the map . My mind went to ...”wow, that’s quite remote and far away” but then for a guy who biked Ethiopia solo, it’s a bit like popping to the corner shop  😄

Did you ride all the way over there from your hoose?

I just watched a couple guys on YouTube trying to walk across Scotland in a straight line , before they got busted by the cops and an angry farmer during covid. They planned to attempt it again , so you never know . If you see 2 blokes in camouflage pushing your bike up a hill youl know who it is haha

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version