Author Topic: Pulling down the Rohloff and correct lubrication  (Read 7455 times)

Danneaux

• Administrator
  • reisen statt rasen
Re: Pulling down the Rohloff and correct lubrication
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2016, 11:44:19 pm »
...or the right whale. <groan>

Best,

Dan.

John Saxby

« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2016, 02:31:37 am »
The whales are safer than they once were, lads, though the western and southern oceans especially are fraught with danger. In more easterly seas, the blackfish now make free in the harbour, as the days are past "when men did pursue them as oil from the sea": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbjEmEifZp4

We'll just have to manage with synthetics -- bargain lots of Rohloff oil available from online sources in Deutschland.   

Expr

« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2016, 03:20:14 pm »
Hi, il pardone.

Congratulations on the hub strip down. This is something that I have done a few times myself in a quest to understand the mechanics that have gone into the hub.

I'm not sure if my pics are still available for viewing, but I certainly found it exciting to pull apart.

I also found out about the planatery gears and their indexing around the sun gear which are divisible by three. The markings are there but only just visible.

I did manage to pull each part down to component level including the Pawls and springs. Quite tricky but I like a chalange. I even pulled the bearings out just for the hell of it.

All good stuff....