Author Topic: What colour??? Limited stock!  (Read 9877 times)

jags

Re: What colour??? Limited stock!
« Reply #45 on: March 12, 2013, 08:52:57 pm »
theres a guy on boards.ie selling 2 sets of 1inch carbon forks.  ;)

Andybg

« Reply #46 on: March 13, 2013, 06:25:02 am »
It may be worth seeing if Thorn has a green fork in stock. Then buy a black frame with green fork and then swap the forks over in the deal

Andy

leftpoole

« Reply #47 on: March 13, 2013, 08:51:00 am »
It may be worth seeing if Thorn has a green fork in stock. Then buy a black frame with green fork and then swap the forks over in the deal

Andy

'honesty' has a blue frame with carbon fork. He wishes to retain forks. Got that part?
I have no frameset.
'honesty' wishes a black frame for his black carbon forks.
I wanted a blue frame but I am unwilling to buy a NEW frame and exchange it for a used frame without forks, got this part?
Now the difficult part:- I swapped a Club tour fork in blue for a Mk3 set in blue, from' honesty' a short while ago, this was so that I had a spare set for my blue Mk3 which I actually own. The Club tour set I paid money for in the region of £60. If I exchanged as described I would indeed have a blue set of forks (new) to go with the blue (used) frame.
BUT I thought why should I spend money buying a new frame PLUS £60 for forks? Why when I can in fact simply buy a new frameset in black myself or wait a few months for colour of my choice?
I hope that this settles the mind of anyone who had not quite grasped the plan suggested....?
John
« Last Edit: March 13, 2013, 08:53:39 am by leftpoole »

leftpoole

« Reply #48 on: March 13, 2013, 01:13:40 pm »
Hello gang!
Completed transaction with St John St Cycles.
I ordered and paid for a new Audax Mk3 frameset, to be delivered tomorrow.
Colour, oh I guess you want to know the colour?
BLACK
I have black rimmed wheels and some black/silver components, but more special is a beautiful toned Honey colour Brooks B17 special to sit on it!
John

JWestland

« Reply #49 on: March 14, 2013, 10:15:50 am »
Brook honey leather bartape then?  ;D

Can't go wrong with black on a bike...very solemn. Dutch roadsters traditionally were all black or dark green...realms of black sober bikes parked outside on a Sunday morning outside church...

(One day...a pink bike? ;)
Pedal to the metal! Wind, rain, hills, braking power permitting ;)

leftpoole

« Reply #50 on: March 14, 2013, 10:47:02 am »
Brook honey leather bartape then?  ;D

Can't go wrong with black on a bike...very solemn. Dutch roadsters traditionally were all black or dark green...realms of black sober bikes parked outside on a Sunday morning outside church...

(One day...a pink bike? ;)

Hi,
Black bar tape. I really wanted a Green one but it is discontinued as it was not popular.
With all the parts fitted it should look pretty good, but the main thing is that I know how it will ride. I will have two! Set up with differing parts but still the same good frameset.
I would make a comment, that I get toe overlap with the front mudguard, something that I am not keen on.(Only when at slow manouvering speed).
John
« Last Edit: March 15, 2013, 05:08:17 pm by leftpoole »