Author Topic: Thorn Enduro Raven Rohloff mountain bike  (Read 9357 times)

sd

Thorn Enduro Raven Rohloff mountain bike
« on: April 06, 2014, 01:50:21 pm »
OPEN TO OFFERS
I have someone coming to look at it early July so he will be getting first call.
Guessing the Thorn is 8 years old. First owner had it 5 years and only did 500 miles. His wife became very ill and he had to give up work (and cycling) and look after her. I have had it about 3 years with no where near the miles that I would expect to do. This is due to a long stay in hospital followed by months of convalescence. Only doing about 60 miles a week now due to bone idleness.

Gear cables changed 6 months ago and oil done in February.

Oh and I live in Lincolnshire on the Wolds so test rides if you want. No chance of courier (how would that work without one person paying in advance?) Delivery? I don't drive so not very likely?
« Last Edit: June 25, 2014, 01:20:21 pm by sd »

jags

Re: Thorn Enduro Raven Rohloff and a Charger Alfine 11
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2014, 02:15:08 pm »
sd a photo and a price would help the sale good luck with new bike hunt. ;)

sd

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2014, 03:49:50 pm »
About £1650 for the Thorn dependent on what they want left on ie thudbuster, Old man Mountain Rack and pedals. Have the original rack still, which is only small and not for panniers. Thorn Condition ie scratches virtually nill although I will have to check when I get home.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2014, 01:18:49 pm by sd »

Danneaux

• Administrator
  • reisen statt rasen
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2014, 04:19:30 pm »
By the way how do I put pictures up?
I wrote a short tutorial on the several methods here, SD: http://www.thorncycles.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=4313.0

Best,

Dan.

sd

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2014, 04:33:54 pm »
Thanks get back to Lincolnshire Friday will be straight out on my Thorn to pub. So will get my mobile to remind me Saturday. Thanks very much.  JB

sd

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2014, 07:29:36 pm »
Damn just remembered my camera is broken and my Nexus 7 has no rear facing camera. Staggeringly difficult to photograph anything other than your face without a rear facing camera. As I am in Manchester where they sell cameras! I will try and remember to buy one. Wouldn't mind just been to Aldi bet they have them for a £5!

jags

« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2014, 08:30:41 pm »
they do but only in black n white. :)

bobs

« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2014, 08:52:40 pm »
PM sent

sd

« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2014, 10:24:03 pm »
Thorn Raven Enduro

I don't know what I am doing!!

Maybe I do!

Definitely know what am doing. This is the Thorn Raven Enduro I am selling. Excuse pictures as they were taken with my Nexus 7 tablet which only as camera for Skype.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2014, 01:02:48 pm by sd »

Olddognewtricks

« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2014, 10:46:03 pm »
Hi
What size frame is the Raven?
Matt

sd

« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2014, 01:07:08 pm »
No idea wwill look through the paperwork and see if it says. Fits me nice and comfy. I am 5'10" previous owner was 6 foot maybe more. Sorry to take so long to get back. Need to bookmark page. The seat post in the picture is a cheap one I fit for pulling trailer. The one that came with bike is a thud buster will include if wanted same for rack. Thanks JB

sd

« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2014, 01:46:05 pm »
Bugger can not find it odd because everything else is there. I am certain that I received a full run down everything about the bike. Original from Thorn. Annoying. I will look again. Or maybe contact seller.

sd

« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2014, 01:49:08 pm »
I wrote a short tutorial on the several methods here, SD: http://www.thorncycles.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=4313.0

Best,

Dan.
Forgot to thank you turned out to be very easy.
Thank you

eltel

« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2014, 06:11:30 pm »
last year after 20 plus years I got a job 5 miles from home, I have a  bike and have started to cycle to work.  I look forward to mornings and evenings when the bike comes out,  it's a fold up, light and with an alfine hub, but it's a fold up. so after many hours research on the laptop, I am very seriously contemplating the club tour, which I think is an raven sport without the rohloff?
now why would someone pay 1650 for an 8 year old bike, rather than buy a new 350 cheaper sherpa   with derailleur?  I have an alfine 8 hub on my dahon.  what am I missing

bikerta

« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2014, 06:26:00 pm »
It's the Rohloff gearing that pushes the price up.