Author Topic: thinking of selling the lot.  (Read 9405 times)

Danneaux

• Administrator
  • reisen statt rasen
Re: thinking of selling the lot.
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2013, 11:36:54 pm »
Annnnnd...photos of the bike loaded...

Danneaux

• Administrator
  • reisen statt rasen
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2013, 11:38:39 pm »
And more of the loaded bike...

Danneaux

• Administrator
  • reisen statt rasen
« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2013, 11:39:55 pm »
And -- yes -- some more...

jags

« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2013, 11:46:30 pm »
Thanks lads for the advice much appreciated.
yeah probably get more if i were to break it all down but selling like that could take forever,just had a guy wanting to buy my saddle (man i give up)asked a million questions and then said will you sell te saddle ;D ;D ;D.

jags

« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2013, 11:59:46 pm »
Sorry for late reply Dan thanks for that your a pure genius on these computers ;)
i was talking to my son noel in america (SKYPE) amazing the tech stuff these days.
i told him i was selling the lot he said dad send it over here i'm gonna tour the lenght of new zeland nah he can paddle his own canoe he aint getting mine ;D ;D.

say dan thanks for posting those pics of my  super disasterious tour of ireland, its as well i have a sense of humour, i'm going to write a short story about that tour make for a good laugh me thinks. ::)

so yeah anyway for 1600 euro (this price keeps dropping) you could jump on the ferry at holyhead i'll met you at port  the bike will be ready to tour loaded with  everything you could possibly want sat nav will show you the way around ireland, ;)  spend a week here in sunny ireland and head home a happy camper.

JimK

• Interdependent Science
« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2013, 12:28:19 am »
absolutely jags you should write up your disastrous tour! Lemonade out of lemons!

these days my own sort of crushed dreams is made up of my library. I have like 10000 wonderful books 90% in a huge heap of boxes. Yeah I should be reading about 300 books a year but the reality is maybe 30 in a good year. The other days I told my sweetheart that my grand ambition is to reduce my possessions down to what could fit on a bike. Good thing about the load capacity of the Nomad! But she just laughed. Yeah who knows. But at this point my grand scheme of learning just about everything... ha! Selling books is pretty much a disaster. I did sell a bunch through Amazon and did make a month or two of grocery money out of it, but that cherry picking phase is over, the cherries are gone. So now I am just culling the herd and giving them away. If I can give away say 200 a year at least?

there is a lot of sense in being at least a tiny bit practical/realistic!

I'm glad you have a bike that you enjoy riding!

jags

« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2013, 12:55:31 am »
Jim I'm the worst reader on the planet no concentration, i usually have to backtrack to find out whats going on. yip a major geek when it comes to reading, but I'm a good painter and not a bad cyclist so that's 2 things i have going for me. ;D
my raleigh 753 is a class act i must have it near on 30 years  still as good as the day it was made,i've only been into touring around 6  years or so i've had to woppers of tours one here in ireland and one in france,  italy was with a group on road bikes another one to forget about ::) ::) man i can pick them thats the truth.

JimK

• Interdependent Science
« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2013, 01:15:51 am »
I can hardly imagine any kind of tour with a group. OK, last year we did the Erie Canal ride, but that is less a tour than a 400 mile party! But I am so slow, and I take breaks. To find another person, never mind a group, that could tolerate my lackadaisical style... not likely! -- Well, maybe John Saxby and I will find a way to ride together a day or two, since we're less than a thousand miles between us! -- but mostly my planning is just me and my bike and my tent. We shall see, whether plans and reality can get very close!

Danneaux

• Administrator
  • reisen statt rasen
« Reply #23 on: September 24, 2013, 01:24:44 am »
so yeah anyway for 1600 euro (this price keeps dropping) you could jump on the ferry at holyhead i'll met you at port  the bike will be ready to tour loaded with  everything you could possibly want sat nav will show you the way around ireland, Wink  spend a week here in sunny ireland and head home a happy camper.
...Then sell the lot and recover costs After and have a nearly free tour.

Jags...for a deal like that, I'd shrink myself to fit the bike and join you t'morrow afternoon!

Best,

Dan.

jags

« Reply #24 on: September 24, 2013, 01:34:45 am »
yeah knowing what i went through touring solo is most definitely the way to go,i made the big mistake going with guys that had the tour planned from the start basically doing exactly what they wanted to do and see big mistake.
theres nothing stranger than folk ain't that the truth ;D...
Jim I'm a giver always have been I'm surprised one of my sons or wife hasn't killed me by now by the weird thing I've done or given away.anyone that was thinking of buying my gear would be getting a great rig with loads of xtras ,but people that ask a million questions really crack me up.
to be honest i could not care one iota if anyone buys but i would like to think that someone with a great interest in cycle touring would get some real pleasure out of all this gear at a great price.

well its way past my bedtime thanks for the chat talk tomorrow.

jags.

Raven_Roller

« Reply #25 on: September 24, 2013, 01:56:43 pm »
If (and I know that you do not intend to) you decide to split the campling gear from the bike I may be interested in taking the camping gear...

jags

« Reply #26 on: September 24, 2013, 02:08:43 pm »
ok so when you say camping gear what exactly do you want. ;)

Neil Jones

« Reply #27 on: September 24, 2013, 03:07:32 pm »
Hi Jags, only just seen your post as have been working nights. Sorry to hear that you've decided to move the Sherpa on, it's a beautiful bike. Are you just going to use the Raleigh now or do you have plans to buy another? I'm thinking a nice Cobalt Blue Thorn Audax would compliment the Raleigh perfectly.  ;)
Anyway good luck with the sale, someone will be getting a fantastic bike and some very high quality touring kit.

jags

« Reply #28 on: September 24, 2013, 03:22:01 pm »
hi Neil yes sale of the century thats the truth but i'm a geek for changing my mind if i dont get it sold i'm not bothered the wife will only get the money anyway'
Neil i was going to buy the Blue Audax  but my Raleigh  does the job perfect it just needs mudguards and maybe a dynamo lighting system.

JimK

• Interdependent Science
« Reply #29 on: September 24, 2013, 03:32:33 pm »
ha! I was just googling "Raleigh 753" - what a bike! No wonder nothing else is as fun! Take good care of it and enjoy!