Technical > Transmission

Chain replacement

(1/6) > >>

Oggi:
My chain has reached .75 wear on my Park tool gauge after 2600miles. I looked at SJS and the KMC X1 is out of stock so I called in my LBS and they had one. £7 more than SJS but they offered to fit it so good deal I thought.
They struggled for 2 hours and could not get the new chain to fit. It is the same number of links as the old chain, and the same chain. But it is either too tight on the minimum adjustment or so slack it falls off if we put an extra link in. Eventually they put the old chain back on and agreed to do some research and get me back in when they have found out what is going wrong.
Does anyone here have any advice I can use. Thanks in advance
Doug

Oggi:
Sorry clicked the wrong button before I finished. The bike is my Thorn Mercury with the lightweight eccentric bottom bracket.
Doug

Matt2matt2002:

--- Quote from: Oggi on May 28, 2020, 07:22:45 pm ---Sorry clicked the wrong button before I finished. The bike is my Thorn Mercury with the lightweight eccentric bottom bracket.
Doug

--- End quote ---
Half link the answer?

Oggi:
How does a half link work?

Matt2matt2002:

--- Quote from: Oggi on May 28, 2020, 10:35:54 pm ---How does a half link work?

--- End quote ---
Sorry. Not sure but I've heard other folks here mention it. I'm sure someone will enlighten us soon.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version