Author Topic: my new baby.  (Read 27852 times)

Neil Jones

Re: my new baby.
« Reply #45 on: March 17, 2014, 08:32:39 am »
It's looking stunning Jags, I'm glad nobody opened the doors though  ;D. I can see you putting putting a fair few miles on it this summer,
Neil.

alfie1952

« Reply #46 on: March 17, 2014, 09:07:12 am »
HI Jags,

You're doing a grand job of the rebuild, and it wont be long before you're put some serious  miles on your new baby.

Best Wishes, Alfie   

jags

« Reply #47 on: March 17, 2014, 12:23:35 pm »
thanks everyone yes well pleased,i 'm still waiting for ya man to come to life (Noel) ::) Paddy's weekend so he's in no  form for messing with bikes.
she's sitting here beside me looking  class ,i can almost hear her say come on anto lets go out and play,but she will have to wait another wee while.
yes i will get loads of great spins in the coming weeks / months you can be certain of that.
i think my riding position is spot on i have it exactly the same as the Raleigh and Sherpa i don't mind be off a few mm here and there anyway i can always tweak things as i ride along .

i 'm heading out to me shed now to fit mudguards computer bartape,I'll post a few pics to Dan tonight.
anyway lads thanks for all the good wishes.

jags.

leftpoole

« Reply #48 on: March 17, 2014, 03:09:24 pm »
It's looking stunning Jags, I'm glad nobody opened the doors though  ;D. I can see you putting putting a fair few miles on it this summer,
Neil.

Do you think Anthony will make it look as good as it was before I sold it to him?
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
John

jags

« Reply #49 on: March 17, 2014, 03:20:50 pm »
i will have my work cut out john. ;)
john the mudguards wont fit because of the brake calibers  also i can't get the left strut onto the braze on on the left  side for the carradice expedition rack for barley.caliber arm in the way ::)

when i get new brakes will these problems be illuminatedhn did you use the shimano r650 57mm brakes on it.
thanks.

anto
i posted more photos on facebook hopefull dan will show you the progress so far im getting there i g have the gears sorted my son is dying with a hangover fine tuned them myself but i'll get him to double check when he better  ;D ;D ;D

Danneaux

• Administrator
  • reisen statt rasen
« Reply #50 on: March 17, 2014, 03:35:21 pm »
posted more photos on facebook hopefull dan will show you the progress so far...
Here ya go!  ;D

I see Nicole's on Sticker Duty!

Best,

Dan. (...who is hurried at the moment)
« Last Edit: March 17, 2014, 03:38:39 pm by Danneaux »

jags

« Reply #51 on: March 17, 2014, 03:52:01 pm »
Ah great stuff Dan your on the ball.
yes Nicole loves it had to wheel her all over the place then chloe wanted a go as well  ;D ;D
the brakes are holding up the finish so cant fit ract or mudguards.gonna have to wait a bit longer ah well not to worry i'll get there ,so what do you think so far.

jags.

leftpoole

« Reply #52 on: March 17, 2014, 08:11:12 pm »
Anto
Those mudguards were on that bike. Brakes are deep drop of course. The stays fit the frame as it is.
John

jags

« Reply #53 on: March 17, 2014, 08:17:03 pm »
cheers john. yeah i just need new brakes   once i get them sorted  everything should fit fine.,i was riding it up and down the road at 2am,a taxi drive was staring at me he must have thought i stole it. ;D ;D and making aquick getaway.

jags.

bikerta

« Reply #54 on: March 17, 2014, 11:24:53 pm »
That is a beautiful looking bike Jags. Love the colour scheme. Hope it was all worth the wait.

Jackie

jags

« Reply #55 on: March 18, 2014, 04:44:37 pm »
cheers jackie yip well worth it still doing a bit of tweaking tho feels strange but in a good way.

Relayer

« Reply #56 on: March 18, 2014, 05:11:34 pm »
cheers john. yeah i just need new brakes   once i get them sorted  everything should fit fine.

Reminds me of when I was a kid, riding about on a bike with no brakes ... I "braked" by putting my foot on the front tyre wedged behind the forks, a deft touch was required to prevent going over the handlebars!   :P

jags

« Reply #57 on: March 18, 2014, 05:55:30 pm »
Jim just in from work (if you could call it that ) ::) brakes are not to bad but I'm just be carefull not to break to hard,amazing how dirty the bike gets with no mudguards  >:(

so yeah when i do eventually buy new brake calibers Shimano R650 will my campag sti leavers be compatible with them or will i need to buy new leavers.

Relayer

« Reply #58 on: March 18, 2014, 06:04:38 pm »
I think your campag levers will be fine. On my Audax I have Shimano RX100 deep drop brakes (previous model to R650) and Campag Mirage ergo levers and they work perfectly.

jags

« Reply #59 on: March 18, 2014, 06:52:43 pm »
Thank god for that  ::)