Author Topic: Beverley to Milton Keynes  (Read 4959 times)

flocsy

Re: Beverley to Milton Keynes
« Reply #30 on: September 12, 2023, 02:28:28 am »
Today was my last day on the bike. I arrived at Milton Keynes, paid tribute to Alan Turing at Bletchley Park.

It took 5 hours to take the bike apart and fit into the S&S case.

Tomorrow I'm flying home.

Pictures:
1. Bletchley Park entrance
2. Selfie with Alan Turing
3. Enigma
4. The bomb

Andre Jute

« Reply #31 on: September 12, 2023, 03:49:46 am »
It's been a very great pleasure travelling vicariously with you, Flocsy. I'm chuffed that you made it. I look forward keenly to your next tour report.

That thing that looks like Godzilla's tube hi-fi amplifier is a bombe with an e at the end. Why, I don't know. Nor how it is pronounced, bomb as in something that goes bang or a frozen dessert which looks like a hand grenade but is spelled bombe and pronounced bomb, or bom-bay as in my name* and e-bay.

*I've long since dropped the acute accent on the e as in André for everyone else's convenience.

« Last Edit: September 12, 2023, 10:27:49 pm by Andre Jute »

PH

« Reply #32 on: September 12, 2023, 01:36:08 pm »
Well done, as Andre says you've packed a lot in, quite an achievement.  Have a good trip home and start planning the next one!  Hope you get the bike dialed in to perfection, I'm sure you will, just try and adjust in small increments and one thing at a time (Otherwise you won't know what worked!)

flocsy

« Reply #33 on: September 13, 2023, 11:50:59 pm »
Yes, packed a lot into 10 days and also into the S&S case :) Here's a picture of my bike case at home. I managed to even include the racks, saddle, tools and even the tent poles and my knife so all the rest (clothes, tent, mattress, sleeping bag...) could be in my cabin bag. It took 5 hours, I'll let you know how long it took to assemble everything again.