Author Topic: Jags' Placeholder till he gets another genuine Thorn  (Read 4455 times)

Danneaux

• Administrator
  • reisen statt rasen
Re: Jags' Placeholder till he gets another genuine Thorn
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2014, 03:46:54 am »

...it's a bit like triggers brush, American boys wont have a notion what that means
You're right, but got it now: http://philosophy.stackexchange.com/questions/8899/is-there-a-philosophical-word-to-describe-triggers-brush Sounds like my blue bike, Anto. Only the original frame, paint, and internal electrical wiring remain from new, but it has been stable a long time in its present configuration. Would have been cheaper to have bought the frame and built it up right the first time!

If the frame is the heart of a bike, then keeping it means you've still got "the same bike".

All the best,

Dan. (...who thinks Trigger's Brush describes many a long-owned bike)
« Last Edit: March 09, 2014, 03:51:56 am by Danneaux »

John Saxby

« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2014, 03:50:38 am »
want to hazard a guess
 Well, they looked like Highland Cattle to me, Jags, but the terrain is pretty gentle, so I didn't want to Say The Wrong Thing about how the Contented Critters looked quite at home in the Lowlands, of all places... Maybe the Beasts were just dazed by the Beauty of the Boike?

jags

« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2014, 10:41:46 am »
john they were having a great aul time munching away on the grass not a care in the world.
wonder how long that will last  ;)

might just get the gear on and head out that way again  should be back for paris nice .