Author Topic: Pelago Stavanger  (Read 4013 times)

pelago

Pelago Stavanger
« on: July 25, 2014, 12:51:42 pm »
I have had this about three years, it is custom-made. I use it nearly every day and leave it in the streets. Until no nobody has seen that it is not sheepish as it looks.

During our holiday trips I have a Bob Yak trailer.  In front there is a roll brake. The gear is Rohloff.

Andre Jute

Re: Pelago Stavanger
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2014, 12:42:36 am »
I have had this about three years, it is custom-made. I use it nearly every day and leave it in the streets. Until no nobody has seen that it is not sheepish as it looks.

During our holiday trips I have a Bob Yak trailer.  In front there is a roll brake. The gear is Rohloff.

Oh, I don't think it looks "sheepish" at all, but then I know what it is. That's a classic gentleman's bicycle!

John Saxby

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2014, 01:36:35 am »
Very nice, pelago -- a bike for all uses & seasons!  Good Thing that it doesn't shout at passers-by, "Hey, look at me!"

triaesthete

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2014, 01:41:13 am »

The Clark Kent of bicycles.

pelago

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2014, 06:43:52 am »
Thank you gentlemen for your comments. I am a pastor and bike most of my duties. Soon I will bike to a funeral.
I am also +60 so the Clark Kent look suites very well. The look of a mice was in my mind when I ordered the bike with a Rohloff.

I live in Finland but luckily so south that there is seldom below -15 for longer periods; I use the same oil all over the year. During the winter I have spikes in front but not behind, there is Marathon Plus all over the year. The problem is not snow but ice on the streets.

http://pelagobicycles.com/stavanger-2014.html?___store=en&___from_store=default  -  This is the newest model, the 63 cm was biggest in the beginning, my ex is without a serial number.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2014, 07:12:44 am by pelago »

jags

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2014, 10:45:52 pm »
pelago i was going to say thats one hell of a bike but seen as your a pastor i better not ::)
joking aside its a cracking bike for sure, is there a chance you could post a few photos of your country side maybe routes you take.

cheers and welcome to the forum.
jags.

CWM

« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2014, 07:32:20 pm »
funnily enough I was admiring one of these (or certainly a Pelago) in a bike shop in London on Friday. Shop called Velorution on Great Portland Street.  I popped in at random when passing to admire the Pelago in the window, and had a good browse and a chat, full of enthusiasm for bikes since I had just cycled down from Scotland. Looked like really nice bikes.