Author Topic: frame respray  (Read 3184 times)

alfie1952

frame respray
« on: October 10, 2014, 02:18:38 pm »
Hi all,

Does anyone know where I can get a frame resprayed in the Edinburgh/Lothians area.

Regards Alfie.

Far-Oeuf

Re: frame respray
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2014, 07:54:53 pm »
Hi,

Maybe contact Shand the frame builder amd ask who he uses? I only know a powder-coating place near Meadowbank, but I guess you want a glossy finish.

Cheers
Doug

rualexander

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2014, 09:53:05 pm »

onrbikes

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2014, 12:44:50 am »
Last time I got a frame resprayed went to my local auto body shop.
They had plenty of odd colours to chose from, at a fraction of the price.

alfie1952

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2014, 01:39:39 pm »
Thanks for your help lads. Doug I gave Henderson the powdercoaters at Piershill a call and was quoted a reasonable price for the work I was wanting done.Will see them next week.

Regards Alfie.

jags

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2014, 01:49:46 pm »
what are you getting sprayed alfie. ;)

anto

alfie1952

« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2014, 04:30:11 pm »
Hi Jags,
I have a good frame that I would like to build up as a winter project, something to keep me busy during the winter months. The rst is still  a great bike and the rohloff suits me better, so will try to get all the parts I require for a rohloff build. The frame I have has a few scratches, though nothing serious, but since it is all stripped down I may as well get it done.
How are you doing, are you still suffering from back pain or are you able to get your daily dose of road miles ?

Regards Alfie.

jags

« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2014, 06:12:46 pm »
Hi Alfie yeah love to get my Raleigh resprayed but its going to have to wait a while yet.

yes still in trouble with the back not bad today having said that and i'm over the flu bloody wreck  ;D ;D

not so many miles in the legs this past  2 months, got a few handy spins in though.the weather has turned bad enough wind and rain but as the wife keeps telling me we live on an island .has an answer for everything that woman. ::)
best of luck with the new build.

anto.

Far-Oeuf

« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2014, 07:14:41 am »
I'd be interested to know how this works out, as I may have a frame to be done too. They were recommended by a friend, it would be useful to know if they still turn out good results.

Cheers
Doug