Author Topic: What's a Muppet?  (Read 12679 times)

tourchamp06

What's a Muppet?
« on: November 27, 2006, 09:45:25 pm »
I want to get into Mountain biking and want to know what kinds of costs are involved. I want a nice bike, but I don’t want to spend more than $350.00.
Also, what kinds of protective gear am I going to need? I have an old helmet, but I need elbow and knee pads. I also need wrist guards shin gaurds, steel toed boots with arch supports, shoulder pads, and back brace. What is all this gear going to set me back? My budget is $1000.00 and I am not willing to spend a penny more. I am very tight with my money and prefer saving for holiday travel. I did some research at www.deals.com and found the best prices on protective gear. What did you pay for your gear?

john28july

Re: What's a Muppet?
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2006, 05:47:22 am »
quote:
Originally posted by tourchamp06

I want to get into Mountain biking and want to know what kinds of costs are involved. I want a nice bike, but I don’t want to spend more than $350.00.
Also, what kinds of protective gear am I going to need? I have an old helmet, but I need elbow and knee pads. I also need wrist guards shin gaurds, steel toed boots with arch supports, shoulder pads, and back brace. What is all this gear going to set me back? My budget is $1000.00 and I am not willing to spend a penny more. I am very tight with my money and prefer saving for holiday travel. I did some research at www.deals.com and found the best prices on protective gear. What did you pay for your gear?

Dear Muppet!
Spend $800 on a decent bike! Then buy what you can afford in the way of gear.
Whats a Muppet? I guess you may now know.
John.
www.pbase.com/john28july

jags

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2009, 10:22:07 pm »
if ever you do get that bike and all that gear, please post a photo.

Durban-Road

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2010, 11:05:43 am »

Nice one champ! Here's my other leg. Pull that one.
 ;D
I used to be indecisive; now I'm not so sure.