Author Topic: UNBELIEVABLE A ROHLOFF equipped BIKE FOR £22.  (Read 2283 times)

sd

UNBELIEVABLE A ROHLOFF equipped BIKE FOR £22.
« on: July 30, 2014, 12:30:58 am »
Now I wasn't there so it may not be right,....please please don't be. A mate called round to help me to dig post holes ,with a petrol auger so not really digging holes. He had been to the weekly outdoor auction. He said there was some really good bargains there. "There was even a bike with the same gears as on your bike". Erhh you mean hub gears (thinking Sturmey archer). No he said it had the name Rohloff on it. The tyres had rotted away but the rear wheel definitely had Rohloff on it. You know what my bike Is worth why didn't buy it "I had spent what I wanted to spend". Arhhhhh. Unbelievable went for £22. Of course he may have been mistaken or the other winning bidder may have known its true worth, so may have gone very much higher. After all the internet is on some peoples mobile.  BUT Arhhhhhhhhh. I am going to that auction every week from now on... if I remember.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2014, 08:50:31 am by sd »

Andre Jute

Re: UNBELIEVABLE A ROHLOFF equipped BIKE FOR £22.
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2014, 09:09:40 am »
Worth that for spares!

il padrone

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2014, 03:03:01 pm »
Reminds me of when a friend told me how he had seen a Rene Herse touring bike at a second-hand bike shop.... for sale for about $150. I went down there soon after, but no sign of it  :(

Slammin Sammy

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2014, 03:55:12 pm »
My story is about a mate that recently found a Birdy in perfect condition gathering dust in a LBS having a going-out-of-business sale, and talked the inexperienced staff out of it for A$150!

Naturally, I went screaming down there as soon as I could, but by then most of the goodies had been stolen... err, I mean sold. Sigh...

;)

sd

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2014, 09:17:30 am »
I hope he got it wrong but alas he looked at my wheel and said no it is the same as that. I should have asked him to lie down and put the post borer we were using through him!  That would teach him! uhm possibly a little excessive?