Author Topic: Peak to Peak  (Read 3247 times)

Peak2Peak

Peak to Peak
« on: October 23, 2006, 08:50:52 pm »
Hi. I am a mountaineer and next year I will be climbing the highest mountains of North, Central and South America linking each mountain by bicycle over a 14 month period to raise funds for Macmillan Cancer Support.
I have no long distance cycling experience what so ever and would welcome any top tips particuarly regarding Central and South America.
As I will already have cycled the vast majority of the Pan America highway I am extending the cycling aspect to incorporate the whole length to add a little more interest.
You can find out more about me and the expedition by visiting my dedicated website (still under construction)[www.peaktopeak.co.uk][/url]

bukidnon

Re: Peak to Peak
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2006, 05:57:26 pm »
Get some cycle practice in before you go!  Your bike/bum interface, wrists and knees are at risk when you start cycling, so put in plenty of work when the pressure isn't on.  Then you won't lose days to injury while on tour.

I realise Denali et al are more serious than the Munroes, but my hike 'n' bike experience suggests that cycling strengthens the muscles used for walking uphill.

Notice that I don't know which mountain is highest in Central America.