Author Topic: downloading images  (Read 3660 times)

alfie1952

downloading images
« on: June 11, 2014, 07:38:04 pm »
Hi All,

Can someone tell me how to download photographs to the forum, as every time  I try the computer tells me the image is too large. That is even after I have reduced below recommended size.

Regards, confused.com

phopwood

Re: downloading images
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2014, 08:01:05 pm »
When you reduce the size are you saving it over the original or saving it as a new name.

You may find you are trying to upload the original over and over.

Also check the new size it needs to be less than 512kb.

There is a post somewhere that guide you on posting pictures, I have never read it but it may have some clues.

Peter

Danneaux

• Administrator
  • reisen statt rasen
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2014, 09:25:36 pm »
Hi Alfie (and thanks, Peter)!

I have written a tutorial on how to upload images to the Forum as attachments and also how to link to hosted images through the use of him tags: http://www.thorncycles.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=4313.0

Hopefully, this should answer most questions and help you post photos.  Looking forward to seeing them!

Best,

Dan.

jags

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2014, 10:30:46 pm »
I did offer Alfie my help but he just wont listen. :'(

anto.

phopwood

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2014, 06:57:38 am »
Smart man  ;D

alfie1952

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2014, 11:16:23 am »
Dan thanks for that , hope all is well with you on your glorious travels.... Jags and Pete, you should be a double act.

Still Laughing ,Alfie

« Last Edit: June 12, 2014, 11:18:22 am by alfie1952 »

jags

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2014, 11:39:17 am »
sure a fella has to have a laugh. ;D ;D

anto

alfie1952

« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2014, 11:47:30 am »
Hi Jags,

How are things with you in sunny Drogheda, hope all is well and your getting a few miles in. I'm finding my legs are still recovering from the hols.

Keep smiling,

Regards Alfie

jags

« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2014, 12:00:50 pm »
just back from a doctor visit,my feet are killing me( Still) ::) he cant figure out what the hell is going on at least he admitted it fair play to him. ;D

anyway super day here  scortching so i'll get the gear on shortly and head around the coast.35miles.
did that guy contact you about your sherpa.

Anto.

macspud

« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2014, 11:02:38 pm »
just back from a doctor visit,my feet are killing me( Still) ::) he cant figure out what the hell is going on at least he admitted it fair play to him. ;D

anyway super day here  scortching so i'll get the gear on shortly and head around the coast.35miles.
did that guy contact you about your sherpa.

Anto.

Have you tried adjusting your saddle, it sounds like it could be interfering with you sciatic nerve causing back pain and numb feet?
I'd have a good look at the saddle.

jags

« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2014, 11:41:17 pm »
To bo honest no i didn't,simpley because i get the pain more when i'm walking ::)
i'm actually dead comfortable on the bike, only do i get pain when i'm cycling uphill,i have to ease off big time.
i got new drugs today so i'll see how these work out,i have a nice spin planned for tomorrow that will tell a few tailes i reckon.

anto.

macspud

« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2014, 12:13:20 am »
Hope you get it sorted soon, I've experienced plenty of back pain and know it's effects.
Best get to see a physio as in my experience GPs aren't much help with back troubles.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2014, 12:15:40 am by macspud »

jags

« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2014, 08:54:26 am »
 ;) yeah my sons mate is a sports  therapist hes brilliant  I'll give him a bell see if he can do something for me.

anto.