Author Topic: Brooks Cambium  (Read 2114 times)

6527richardm

Brooks Cambium
« on: June 04, 2014, 08:08:42 pm »
Hi

Has anyone tried the new Brooks saddle if so what do you think of it?  I am tempted but may stick to the tried and tested B17

phopwood

Re: Brooks Cambium
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2014, 10:10:37 pm »
I brought one last week.  It is very comfortable and most important to me it gives me 15 mm of extra rearward set back over my b17.  Only time will tell how good it is.

Peter

geocycle

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2014, 09:30:08 am »
I'm interested to know how you find the Cambium Peter.  My initial thought when it was released, was that it looks a good saddle, but is a Brooks in name only.  For me the essence of a Brooks saddle is the leather molding to your shape and breathing. It will be good to know if they have captured those qualities in the material used in the Cambium.

6527richardm

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2014, 05:26:29 pm »
I agree they were my thought/concerns exactly

phopwood

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2014, 08:18:16 pm »
I don't know if it will last as long as a leather brook, but it is very well made, much better made than a standard b17. It is comfortable but it does feel different to my b17, still you don't notice it while riding.  It does not look as good as a b17 on my thorn.

But we kind of her hung up on brooks saddles but there is many other leather saddles on the market.  So brooks have diversified and broken tradition.

Ask me again in 5 years what I think, I will either still be happy or the rubber brooks will be collecting dust in the garage.  ;D

Peter