Author Topic: CARRADICE PANNIERS FACTORY SECONDS EBAY  (Read 6377 times)

in4

Re: CARRADICE PANNIERS FACTORY SECONDS EBAY
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2014, 12:05:01 pm »
Thats a shame: the nylon drawstring inner is missing in both panniers. Renders them less useful for touring.

I have a Carradice camper longflap ( complete with drawstring inner ) and its great save for the small outer pockets not being as sand/dirt proof as I'd like. Its a fabulous looking bit of kit too. Now all I need to do is figure out how to attach it to a sprung Brooks saddle. I have my own solution perculating away in the grey matter.

il padrone

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2014, 03:07:00 pm »
Thats a shame: the nylon drawstring inner is missing in both panniers. Renders them less useful for touring.

Use a safety pin, or some other long narrow object (fishing sinker?) fastened to the cord to feed it through the channel, holding it and edging it through. Voila! Functioning panniers.

Lemming

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2014, 03:48:03 pm »
For the Camper Longflap on a sprung saddle, would the Carradice Classic Saddlebag Rack work?
http://www.carradice.co.uk/index.php?page_id=product&under=range&product_id=136
With the retaining strap passing between the springs and round the seatpost, it looks like it would.

I use one (mainly on a Brompton, for the very quick on/off) and find it very stable.

in4

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2014, 03:57:53 pm »
Thanks Lemming but as I read it the Carradice Classic Saddlebag Rack needs the saddle bag loops as on the B17 to work. My Brooks Conquest doesn't have those loops. Onwards!