Author Topic: [SOLD] Thorn Adventure Tandem For Sale in Bristol UK  (Read 2761 times)

Blue lotus

[SOLD] Thorn Adventure Tandem For Sale in Bristol UK
« on: May 13, 2014, 10:05:26 am »
Hello all,
I thought that Tandem could have been our thing, it ended up being only my thing  ;D
So the tandem I bought at the beginning of the winter is now for sale. I will put is on ebay at the end of the week but if someone local is interested, I put the advert here first. Feel free to make me an offer.

Please find the description of the bike below:

Thorn Adventure Tandem dark green in world renowned Reynolds 531 tubing.

The bike is in very good mechanical condition, brakes are very sharp and shifts gear faultlessly, wheels spin freely and smoothly and are pretty much on dead true (not perfect if you're particular about these things). No excess play in crank, headstock, hubs and both seat pins move freely.

Cosmetically, the bike is good, it has few marks throughout, the worst of which are pictured! Nothing strustural though. Almost all of these marks were on the bike when I bought it. Apparently these occurred during storage, which sounds feasible as the bikes components are in very good mechanical condition but I'm not sure. Other than these obvious marks the paint work is quite nice still, so could be touched up by a skilled person with a couple new transfers here and there. In terms of cosmetics, I'd give it a 8/10 in it's current state.
Front Saddle has mark and stroker bars may need rewrapping due to slight damage but fine to use as is.

New brake pads and cables fitted by previous owner, my hope was to use it more but it's now time that someone else makes better use of it.

Specification
Captain Frame Size

C2T = 20"
C2C = 17.5"

Stroker Frame Size

C2T = 17"
C2C = 16"

24 Speed (3x8)

Deore LX Brake Levers BL-M570
Deore LX V Brakes BR-M570
Deore LX Front Mech FD-M570
Deore LX Rear Mech RD-M570

26" Sun Rims CR18 on FH-HF07 and HB-HF07

Deore XT QR Skewers

SKS Mudguards

Panracer Tyres

CASH ON COLLECTION FROM BRISTOL
« Last Edit: May 28, 2014, 09:40:08 am by Blue lotus »

JWestland

Hi

For some reason pictures and price aren't showing...

With additional options you can attach pics, with you can add links.

Happy selling!

Pedal to the metal! Wind, rain, hills, braking power permitting ;)

Blue lotus

Yes I know  ??? I'll put the the pictures up tomorrow evening. About the price, I don't really know what to ask so anyone interested, please email me.

Regards,

Etienne

Blue lotus

Here are the pictures: http://tinyurl.com/lpqsca8

:)

Blue lotus

Blue lotus

[SOLD] Thorn Adventure Tandem For Sale in Bristol UK
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2014, 09:39:48 am »
For the record, sold for £480.