Author Topic: your next purchase  (Read 7731 times)

jags

Re: your next purchase
« Reply #30 on: May 27, 2014, 03:49:00 pm »
whats the best pedal to use with them ;)

jags

lewis noble

« Reply #31 on: May 27, 2014, 05:35:13 pm »
I use those Zefal plastic strapless clip things - brilliant in my view.  I never got on with clips / SPDs or whatever and had a couple of falls with them.

As someone says, you can use them with any shoes or boots, so handy if going to the shops or the showers on a campsite or whatever.

My pedals are GR9 Platform Road pedals. They flip round very easily, if you miss it, just carry on or tread down on the clips, they reform OK later.  Suits me fine.

Lewis

jags

« Reply #32 on: May 27, 2014, 05:51:15 pm »
just curious lewis i'm not going to the expensive of changing my pedals at this stage ;)
thanks

jags

phopwood

« Reply #33 on: May 27, 2014, 08:26:43 pm »
I don't normally get to involved in these types of threads they just encourage me to buy stuff.  But today I brought one of them there new fangled rubber brooks saddles.  They had one in my LBS and it is so nice, well made and very comfortable.  Only time will tell how comfortable.

Peter

jags

« Reply #34 on: May 27, 2014, 08:34:35 pm »
what never heard of them are you winding anto up.
yeah i reckon i walked into that :-[

anto.

bikerta

« Reply #35 on: May 27, 2014, 09:10:18 pm »
Donerol, those Zefal clips look ideal. A good happy medium where you have a little extra power, but not so much as to keep your feet trapped on the bike. I will look into these, though I can't spend too much at the moment. Whoever said that using a bike was cheaper than running a car   :o   

Jags, I have read that when people start going clipless, they never go back, but I guess I am just too stubborn to start with them.   

jags

« Reply #36 on: May 27, 2014, 09:37:30 pm »
those Zefal look to be ideal Jackie.
but look  stay with what your happy with  ;)
when did you say you were off.

jags.

bikerta

« Reply #37 on: May 27, 2014, 11:52:45 pm »
Trip is not until 29th of July, so few more weeks yet. Need to get a few more hills under my collar first.

sd

« Reply #38 on: May 28, 2014, 10:48:35 am »
I feel the same, and in any case have dodgy knees so don't want to be fixed too firmly in one position. Instead I use these Zefal strapless clips

They keep my feet on the pedals when standing, and save me from kicking the pedal round to its starting position in stop-start traffic, but work with any shoes and are really easy to get in and out of - I've never ever had a 'clipless' moment. I feel much safer with them than without. So what if they're not as efficient!

How flexible are they. I assume the less flexible the top part is the more efficient. I think I used to have a pair. How much by the way?

Donerol

« Reply #39 on: May 28, 2014, 04:52:23 pm »
They are quite stiff -  stiffer than trad metal toeclips with the straps loose. Cost £4-5, so not going to break the bank  :) .  I've had one pair on a bike for at least 10 years.