Author Topic: Wanted Thorn Sherpa size 500s  (Read 4017 times)

bikerta

Wanted Thorn Sherpa size 500s
« on: April 12, 2014, 02:03:40 pm »
After a brilliant visit to SJS last week, I now know that my current bike is too long in the top tube for me and there are no more real options to make it fit. I am therefore going to have to sell my 2012 Dawes Galaxy and replace it with a smaller bike.

Ideal bike of course is a Thorn Sherpa and after taking several measurements at SJS the frame that will fit is the 500s. Due to my short arm measurement, even the short 's' frame would be fitted with straight bars and bar ends. I do feel that with a slightly shorter stem the 500L could possibly be ok, but the Raven in this size that I had a test ride on, already had a pretty short stem that was turned over to bring the bars closer and higher.

I just thought I would ask on here in case anyone had a 500s Sherpa that they were perhaps thinking of selling. Otherwise I am going to have to bite the bullet and try and somehow raise the cash to purchase a new one as I know I will get a lot of use out of the bike including a planned JOGLE this summer.

Many thanks.
Jackie  
« Last Edit: April 12, 2014, 02:34:03 pm by bikerta »

alfie1952

Re: Wanted Thorn Sherpa size 500s
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2014, 02:35:12 pm »
PM sent, regarding a small sized nomad on ebay.

Regards Alfie