Author Topic: Noise from eccentric bottom bracket at every pedal  (Read 13336 times)

jags

Re: Noise from eccentric bottom bracket at every pedal
« Reply #45 on: April 13, 2015, 07:45:07 pm »
 ;)clever boy.

rafiki

• rafikiPHOTO
« Reply #46 on: April 13, 2015, 09:26:30 pm »
It has left me with my ongoing quandary each day: which bike to take! My lovely old lady the 24 year old Dawes or the younger Sterling. I happened to mention that to my wife and then, inadvisedly, said that it's easier with two lovely women; with bikes you can only take them out one at a time!  ;D I had to duck.
Brian.

John Saxby

« Reply #47 on: April 13, 2015, 10:12:02 pm »
You're being modest, Jim -- inspired stuff!  Now if only I can remember this...

sg37409

« Reply #48 on: April 13, 2015, 10:23:14 pm »
Just returned from a 53km ride after moving the chain along one link. BINGO! Smooth as silk under any load. On the first climb I kept her in the highest gear I could and stood up. My heart missed a beat when there seemed to be an irregular ticking sound - until I realised it was some road tar bits being thrown up into the mudguard!

Problem solved! Thanks to everyone who has contributed their thoughts and suggestions.

Been there, done that. Happens more if you run even/even i think as I do (40*16)
Some will mark the sprocket on a tooth that has a chain inner (as opposed to outer) link on it.  Someone here came up with that smart idea.