Author Topic: sprocket reversing problem anyone?  (Read 30401 times)

revelo

Re: sprocket reversing problem anyone?
« Reply #60 on: July 29, 2015, 02:18:07 AM »
I've discussed this before, but since this is a permanent post, I'll mention it again here. Pedro's Vice Whip makes for easier Rohloff sprocket removal. My technique is to sit on the floor barefoot, with my toes holding the bottom of the rim and the top pressed against my chest, then put the vice whip and wrench in place and jerk back towards myself in a rowing motion.

lestat_12345

Re: sprocket reversing problem anyone?
« Reply #61 on: May 23, 2018, 08:33:46 PM »
Hi All,

I already have a Rohloff but bought another albeit secondhand. I am trying to remove the sprocket on the secondhand unit but it won't budge. I'm using the method outlined within this post which I have alway used before this post (the youtube video was the one I watched when I first wanted to remove a Rohloff sprocket). The unit is an old one (around 10 years) and I don't think the sprocket has been removed since new. It has also been stored unused for a number of years. What can I do to get the sprocket off? I am using a long chain whip and wrench so there should be enough leverage. I'm also relatively strong so I can normally apply enough force to get the sprocket off without issue.

Thanks,

Richard.