Technical > Wheels, Tyres and Brakes

700C winter tyres??

<< < (2/3) > >>

paul9:
Have just fitted the hutchinsons kevlars and done 300 miles approx in them over some fairly shi**y local, mud-covered roads and found them excellent. Where I was getting a puncture each ride, now I've had none.

tynevalleycommuter:
Thanks for the update on the hutchinsons, I've been managing at around 3 punctures a year on variety of tyres, in almost daily use (~4k miles a year) so it's not a bad puncture rate really. It's just that they always happen when you least want them - in the dark, driving wind & rain and when I am already late for something![:(]. Had my first puncture on the gatorskins this morning just as I was arriving at work, must investigate at lunchtime to find out what penetrated the defences.

Has anybody tried tyre liners with 23C ?

SPINNERS:
I've just switched to Conti GP 4-seasons in the 25c size for my fixed wheel and I'm quite impressed with the ride and the grip so far. On Sunday I encountered quite a bit of frost and black ice on the country lanes and kept upright, although I did go at a snails pace through the worst of it.

They were a bit expensive but Xpedia are doing a cracking deal on the 23c size at the moment (£40 for a pair, with tubes and their superb tyre levers - the best I've ever used).

SPINNERS:
Forgot to add that I only ever consider folding tyres nowadays for the sheer ease of use. This restricts my choice somewhat but some wired on tyres are a nightmare and the days of throwing wheels around the kitchen in a tantrum are over.

Fixedwheelfiend:
For great grip long lastingness, comfort and quite fast and value for money I can reccomend Panracer Pasela (club version). I use 28's which are a lot smaller than that - more like 25's.

I have Conti 4 season folding gatorskins 23mm on my best winter bike. These are great but expensive.

Also I have some rigid conti ultragatorskins 25mm these have lasted well but peform a bit boring & slow feeling.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version