Author Topic: Brooks Cambium saddle  (Read 472 times)

phopwood

Brooks Cambium saddle
« on: March 18, 2014, 06:00:26 PM »
Hi,

Have anyone had a Brooks Cambium saddles on their bike for a long time, I can see a number of review on the web, but none of them are long term tests.  How do they compare to a standard brooks saddle over a few thousand miles.  how have you found the saddle over a long period of time.

All the best.

Peter

geocycle

Re: Brooks Cambium saddle
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2014, 09:21:30 PM »
You might struggle to find anyone with a lot of experience as they are relatively new.  I think the main thing to note is that they are brooks only in name.  The function is completely different as while they may be comfortable, you will not get the personal fit that leather produces.

RobertL

Re: Brooks Cambium saddle
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2017, 09:15:11 PM »
My Selle San Marco was replaced with a Cambium C15 which was my mistake, the bike shop had recommended the C 17 (Raven Sport with flat bar). The C 15 did nothing for my libido, and the Brooks site recommends the C 17 for riding on flat bar bike.

Have since swapped for a C 17, and based on a 90 mile shakedown ride, I am very pleased.

Selle have acquired Brooks, and the Cambium is made in Italy. It is actually more comfortable than my old San Marco.

They also have an even wider C 19. This is for urban, very upright position.