Author Topic: Touring Quebeq  (Read 1594 times)

HarryTim

Touring Quebeq
« on: March 03, 2014, 02:37:31 pm »
anyone tried hiring bikes in Quebec. lots of routes up and down the St Lawrence but no obvious way of doing it.

John Saxby

Re: Touring Quebeq
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2014, 06:10:09 pm »
Harry,

Suggest you contact Vélo Québec, which is the secretariat for La Route Verte, the Québec-wide cycling network.  Here's the link to the website:  http://www.routeverte.com/rv/contact_e  (The "e" at the end signals that this is the English-language version of the website -- it's available in Eng or Fr.)  On the page I've just listed, you can send them an email.

"La Route Verte du Québec" is also the title of the official guide to the network, available in hard-copy wirebound form & electronically. There are a number of bike shops which are affiliated to La Route Verte, and many of them rent bikes. I can't give you a recommendation on the shops, as I ride my own bike when I go to Québec, for long or short trips.

Another source:  Crazyguyonabike.com has quite a few contributors who live in Québec, and there are plenty of journals by cyclists who have spent time there.

Hope this is helpful.   It's a great area for cycling, and the food is terrific.

Good luck!  John
« Last Edit: March 04, 2014, 01:02:44 am by John Saxby »