Author Topic: A rough plan???  (Read 27174 times)

Pedaldog

A rough plan???
« on: December 03, 2003, 04:01:15 pm »
Thinking of arranging a Fell Club meeting in the Cumbria area for April 2004.
Lightweight camping with basic site facilities. Main thing is local facilities.
Pub', cafe, shops, bike shops and decent rides. Anybody that would have an interest in it lemme know and I'll work on it.[;)]

Chris Land

Re: A rough plan???
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2003, 02:34:45 pm »
Don't do it on 8th-12th April as you'll clash with the tandem-club meeting in the Cotswolds.  Try to arrange it for a week or so later I might pass by on my E2E as I will be without the kids... I'm still gonna complain about inverse ageism though...

Pedaldog

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2003, 08:00:10 pm »
It's your own fault for re produucing!!!!!!
Hope for around the last week in April.
Going to look at a potential site over the weekend so t'would be good if yez could make it. Personally, I would welcome brats as long as they sat in the back of the tent and kept quiet unless asked to speak! They might bring a bit of life too.

Pedaldog

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2003, 07:40:50 pm »
P.S.. I was joking.
I would be happy for kids as long as they don't bring Ghetto blaster boom boxy type things with them!

Chris Land

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2003, 09:36:37 am »
I'm with you on the obnoxios teens who don't really want to be there anyway.  Seen enough of them when camping myself, but not all kids are like that!

I have to confess though, the first time we took my eldest camping, he was just about 4 months old and had constipation.  Must've kept most of the campsite up that night with his rather noisy struggles to poo.  Took him 2 1/2 days to manage this feat so I was pleased we were moving on each day [:I].

Probably more detail that you required, but I can see that some folk would rather avoid this kind of thing [B)]

Pedaldog

« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2003, 08:34:51 pm »
Just as an update...
Looking at the Farleton Fell area just South of Kendal.
Lovely riding country with a few good local runs to towns etc and a village with pub and shop not too far away.

Pedaldog

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2004, 08:51:02 pm »
Yet another update...[:0]
May be held at Low Wray in the lake district.
It's about 5 miles from Ambleside on the edge of lake Windermere and it's a National trust site with good showers and things.
Anybody interested lemme know.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2004, 08:51:30 pm by Pedaldog »

Billy

« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2004, 11:11:55 pm »
Another possible. It's just round the corner to me

Pedaldog

« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2004, 08:56:59 pm »
FINALLY SORTED IT OUT!!!!!!
Going ot be on the 5th May weekend at Coniston campsite with a few fell club people there but anybody on a bike is welcome to join in with the talking, drinking coffee and perhaps other liquids.
ANybody want more details are welcome to Email me at Pedaldog@aol.com

Billy

« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2004, 10:44:38 pm »
THAT'S EVEN NEARER

Pedaldog

« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2004, 07:53:26 pm »
You going Billy?
I'll be on a green Nomad looking like some sort of Fat person in a small Hilleberg Akto tent!

Billy

« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2004, 07:59:15 pm »
Pedders,
 have you thought of posting this on the C+ forum? You might get a bigger response.
   Billy

Pedaldog

« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2004, 08:36:04 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by Billy

Pedders,
 have you thought of posting this on the C+ forum? You might get a bigger response.
   Billy

Going to do that in a few days as it happens!
Not sure how many of the "Soft Southern Roadies" over there would be interested though[}:)][}:)][}:)]

Pedaldog

« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2004, 08:18:43 pm »
Anybody here going to roll up?

Polar Bear

« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2004, 10:27:49 pm »
Sorry that I cannot make it on your trip but just to uphold the reputation of us southerners you shoudl know of a couple of our plans for this year.   My partner and I will be riding Workington to Durham in a couple of weeks doing mainly the C2C route including of course Hartsidem and also will be undertaking a wild camping cycle tour from Inverness to Cape Wrath and back at the end of May.  I'll also be in Coniston on the 4th of September doing the Coniston Challenge raising funds for the Guide Dogs for the Blind Association.      

Maybe I'll get the chance to join you on another occasion purely to uphold the honour of the southern softie of course!!

Good luck with your event.