Author Topic: (CURRENTLY UNDER OFFER) Thorn Sherpa Mk2 Red Expedition Touring Bike  (Read 1510 times)

dowen

Thorn Sherpa Mk2 485L Red Expedition Touring Bike, flat bars with standard Thorn grips, derailleur. Suitable for someone around 5'4". Standover height 725 cm. Bought new April last year, less than 500 miles and in excellent condition. Looking for £900.

I am 5' 4 1/2" (164cm), with 29 1/2" (75cm) inside leg measurement and this bike is correct size for me (would suit slightly shorter or taller person too).

Spec:

Shimano Deore LX 9 speed 12-32
FSA 48 36 26
FSA headset
Schwalbe Marathon 26 x 2.00 tyres fitted to Rigida 36 hole rims
Shimano hubs
SKS mudguards
Reynolds 531 fork with low loader bosses
Shimano Deore V brakes and levers with integral STI gear changers

Photos show the bike with Ergon GP5 straight bar grips, these will be replaced standard Thorn grips, the saddle will be replaced with standard Thorn saddle, saddle bag IS NOT included NOR are the lights, pedals and computer fittings.

This bike is in beautiful condition, gives a really stable ride, I have decided to invest in a Rohloff. Small marks to paint work as shown in photo of top tube. More photos on Gumtree.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2014, 08:17:13 pm by dowen »

Danneaux

• Administrator
  • reisen statt rasen
Re: Thorn Sherpa Mk2 Red Expedition Touring Bike
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2014, 12:52:55 am »
Lovely looking bike, Dowen, and welcome to the Thorn Cycling Forum. Best of luck on the sale.

Dan.