Author Topic: Bar bag mount  (Read 3023 times)

geocycle

Bar bag mount
« on: February 14, 2014, 10:45:16 pm »
I have an ortlieb bar bag which I use when touring. For most of the time I don't need it and am stuck with the ugly mounting block on the bars.  It's not easy to remove and the wire gets damaged after a couple of times. Anyone recommend a different option klick fix perhaps?

il padrone

Re: Bar bag mount
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2014, 09:04:32 am »
The Klickfix is a much better mount to use for the handlebar bag, but I wouldn't be taking it off and back on lots of times. The wire is pretty robust and you can just replace it with a short length of brake cable, but it's a fiddle to do. I just put up with the block of plastic on my bars.

leftpoole

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2014, 09:14:23 am »
I have an ortlieb bar bag which I use when touring. For most of the time I don't need it and am stuck with the ugly mounting block on the bars.  It's not easy to remove and the wire gets damaged after a couple of times. Anyone recommend a different option klick fix perhaps?

Hello
I am of the opinion that the Rixen and Kaul unit is exactly the same but with proper removable clips around the bars. Put another way, I use my Ortlieb bar bag with a Klick fix unit. I guess Ortlieb could not get around the patent and so .modified.?
John

geocycle

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2014, 09:19:53 am »
Thanks guys, I might give the R and K a go.