Author Topic: not great cycling weather lads.  (Read 16353 times)

FrogPrince

• 60-something and loving it.
    • Cycle Somerset
Re: not great cycling weather lads.
« Reply #60 on: February 16, 2014, 09:54:37 pm »
First the floods and now the hurricane ...oh the trials and tribulations of a leisure cyclist  :)
....but it was a glorious day today......
Sell your Clothes but keep your thoughts.

jags

« Reply #61 on: February 16, 2014, 10:24:03 pm »
very good that looks like the boyne canal one of my walking routes .

Danneaux

• Administrator
  • reisen statt rasen
« Reply #62 on: February 16, 2014, 11:45:32 pm »
Wonderful photos!

Looks much like here at the moment. Glad you got the lot past the fallen tree without wetting your feet unduly.

Be safe out there; weather ahead looks bad as well.

Best,

Dan.

honesty

« Reply #63 on: February 17, 2014, 11:01:56 am »
Walked into town (Taunton) today as very wet and windy. Nearly blown off my feet twice. 60MPH/100KPH + gusts! didn't feel at all comfortable walking under or near trees. Expect to see a few down by tomorrw.

I did cycle through Taunton on the 12th doing my usual commute, including taking the little one to Kiddicaru for nursery. The winds were bad but the rain held off which was nice. Friday my wife made me drive...

I am getting so fed up of having to put on waterproofs to commute though, and I didnt even manage to get out on Sunday which was absolutely lovely. Bum.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2014, 11:03:45 am by honesty »

Slammin Sammy

« Reply #64 on: February 17, 2014, 12:11:31 pm »
I can't believe the weather pattern that has overtaken you guys in SW England. Our cycle from Bridgwater to Taunton and beyond last September was superb! Six months later and you're building arks!

Please keep safe. Hopefully the worst is over, but it'll take a long time to dry out I'm afraid.

Sam

honesty

« Reply #65 on: February 17, 2014, 12:47:04 pm »
Im just hoping this really wet winter means we get a nice dry summer. Last year when I did my Devon Coast to Coast at the start of July it was a lovely clear 23 - 25 degress for the whole time. I really want to that again!

mickeg

« Reply #66 on: February 17, 2014, 03:17:02 pm »
Photos of Wisconsin, USA yesterday.  Forecast today, another 5.5 inches (140mm) with high winds.  Having the right tires helps.

mickeg

« Reply #67 on: February 17, 2014, 03:18:18 pm »
I have commented before that I put electrical tape around the S&S threaded thingy to try to keep out the dirt and dust out of the S&S threads. Did not have a photo when I made that comment before, now I do.  But I still carry the wrench even though they are not likely to loosen.

jags

« Reply #68 on: February 17, 2014, 04:05:24 pm »
looks great but slow cycling be carefull ;)