Author Topic: swap guitar for frame.  (Read 6055 times)

jags

swap guitar for frame.
« on: January 18, 2014, 08:42:09 pm »
OK i'll chance this,are there any guitar players on the forum in need of a top line acoustic  guitar ::)
i have a beautifull yamaha LL16 in pristine condition with hardcase for a clean swap for new thorn club tour 51or52cm frame and fork.
if anyone is at all interested in a deal give me a shout  ;)

cheers

jags.

Danneaux

• Administrator
  • reisen statt rasen
Re: swap guitar for frame.
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2014, 10:18:52 pm »
Nooooooooooooooo! Not the music, Anto! Y'can't get rid of the guitar! Nooooooooooooooo!

(Jack is having a fit over this one, "Tell him no, Dan!". My reply, "Gotta move it to a better category to give him a fighting chance!")

Best of luck, jags.

Dan.

jags

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2014, 10:24:43 pm »
Yeah i know Dan but which do i need more the frame wins hands down,
i still have franks guitar and he's not looking for it back just yet,
 so tell jack i'm still strumming ;)

mind you the chances of a swap is small to none me thinks. still gotta try.

cheers
jags.

peter jenkins

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2014, 12:32:03 am »
Hi Anto,

I don't play guitar (I can play the fool, though) so can't assist there sadly.

But... I'm intrigued about your decision to go for the CT over the Audax. As you know, I have a CT and I've ridden a few Audax events on it but it really is at the heavy and less agile end of the spectrum for that style of riding. I've had a brief ride on a Mark 3 Audax and it's a more responsive bike.

I thought you had Audax riding in mind, but I may have missed a post (or even a whole thread?)

Anyway, best of luck with your proposed swap and I'm sure you'll be happy with whichever new Thorn you acquire.

Best Regards,

pj

jags

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2014, 12:56:53 am »
HI Peter,yeah i did have audax in mind still might do a few not 100% sure about it as yet..
i do like the look of the Audax and i would buy one in a heartbeat  but if there not a lot of difference in the spec the tour might be a better choice for carrying that bit extra.
Peter i'm a geek for changing my mind  ::) i suppose the way i'm looking at the audax

V tour would be, a Blind man on a horse would never tell the difference.
i would imaging there both excellent bikes.
i like bikes that look like steel bike are supposed to look if you get my meaning.
i dont like Rohloff might be the best thing sine sliced bread but it does nothing for this kid ::)
disc brakes are best on mountain bikes not tourers imho,give me good caliber brakes any day.
sorry i'm rambling yet again,so it seems i'm the only guitar player on the forum  ;D ;D ;D

time for a coffee.

Matt2matt2002

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2014, 09:44:21 am »
I play guitar, Jags.
But no one is getting their paws on my Raven.
Just moved to a much smaller house so guitar amp etc. all in the loft.
One day I'll be back to playing.
Matt
Never drink and drive. You may hit a bump  and spill your drink

in4

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2014, 09:57:51 am »
Out of curiosity I wonder how many of us play the guitar or maybe another instrument. I'm not quite as clever as you guitar players and can only manage four strings; and even then only one at a time!

jags

« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2014, 11:11:57 am »
Morning lads, Matt i lost intrest in the guitar when the sessions broke up its more or less gathering dust these days,.i'm not any good  just a strummer no more but i always bought good guitars made me sound better than i am.
mind you the friday night  house sessions we had  in the early days were fantastic some top class musicans would turn up and sit in, those guys would make you sound good anyway. ;D
a scottish lad used to sit in every now and again he played with the Water Boys
Colin Blakley he was something else.
anyway your not buying my guitar no point reall if you keep yours in the feckin attic. ::) ;D

Chris M

« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2014, 11:29:26 am »
ah jags, I've got a mental picture of you sitting there waiting and watching for any replies to this thread, clicking on it with bated breath...is this the deal I'm looking for in your mind. Good luck mate ;D

jags

« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2014, 11:42:02 am »
cheers Chris the more i look at my guitar the more i think i'm not right in the head ;D ;D
i'm going out for a spin now the sun is out so might as well get a few miles in the legs.

jags.

Matt2matt2002

« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2014, 12:28:48 pm »
I read a blog on crazyguy where the guy took a wee travel guitar with him!
Saw a picture of it strapped to the back rack,

I am always amazed at what other folk are into apart from Thorns.
On reflection I shouldn't be. We are a polymorphous bunch.

Matt
Who thinks if a song can't be played with A E G D C it ain't worth playing

Never drink and drive. You may hit a bump  and spill your drink

jags

« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2014, 02:54:45 pm »
just in from a 25 mile spin my legs are in bits so too is my back. first spin in a month man i'm totally unfit. ;D took a few photos but not great will post them of facebook dont want to be bothering dan he's to be busy..

matt i know all those chords  if ever we meet up we can play a few tunes ;D ;D

jags

Slammin Sammy

« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2014, 04:00:15 pm »
Out of curiosity I wonder how many of us play the guitar or maybe another instrument. I'm not quite as clever as you guitar players and can only manage four strings; and even then only one at a time!

Are you a bass player, in4?

I'll be first to own up... I'm a frustrated muso from way back. I've accumulated a serious collection of stringed instruments over the years. Fender Telecaster and P Bass. Ibanez jazz box. Yamaha 6 string and Guild 12 string acoustics. Diesel Mini-Maton. Tricone resonator steel guitar. Two mandolins. Oh... I also blow blues harp.

While mine aren't quite in the attic, I don't get to play much these days. Life just gets in the way...  :( :'(

Matt - I've ridden a motorbike thousands of miles with the Yamaha strapped to my back. That's why it's so beat up! There are some nice travel guitars around, but I never thought of taking one on the Nomad. Maybe I should search out that story on CGOAB for inspiration?

Anyway jags, count me in to any session of the Thornians Reunion String Band!

Sam

jags

« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2014, 04:27:49 pm »
i sure will Sam the craic will be mighty if nothing else.
i bought a  mouth organ couple months back cant get the hang of it at all  ;D ;D.
isn't the fingering the same for fiddle as it is for mandolin.
ah music is great but you need a few lads to play with ,
too lads here in town  done the trans america last year one of them had his travel guitar,they done mostly warm showers so the guitar came in handy for a session in the hosts house.
http://daveandgerrystransamcharitycycle.wordpress.com/

peter jenkins

« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2014, 11:06:23 pm »
i always bought good guitars made me sound better than i am

Do you think it works like that with bikes?

What if I bought a new Mercury?

Cheers,

pj