Author Topic: anyone use these.  (Read 7875 times)

JimK

• Interdependent Science
Re: anyone use these.
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2014, 01:41:48 pm »
Frame-fixed front carriers are great!

I have this bike:
http://www.workcycles.com/home-products/handmade-city-bicycles/workcycles-transport-double-tube

I can load 40 pounds of groceries on the front and the bike handles just fine.

Here is a more recent model that looks really smart:

http://www.workcycles.com/home-products/handmade-city-bicycles/workcycles-fr8-universal-frame-as-city-bike

Another bike that works that way is a Brompton. The front bag is mounted to the frame.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2014, 01:44:13 pm by JimK »

Danneaux

• Administrator
  • reisen statt rasen
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2014, 02:19:27 pm »
what am i getting at, well why has no one come up with a fixing up front to hold a barbag but not using the bars to fix it in place
They have! The Thorn Accessory T-bars in either size get the weight of the handlebar bag a bit lower and leave the handlebars free.

One of Thorn's greatest inventions, in my opinion. Their usefulness depends on a threadless steerer that has been left uncut/long enough and also on frame size. If the frame is very small, then it is possible there might not be enough clearance for the bag when mounted on the T-bar.

A Steco front platform rack will also work, but I can't see that on your lovely new Audax.  :D

Best,

Dan.

jags

« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2014, 02:23:46 pm »
thats more like it although i dont fancy the bike the carrying system is good and i bet the bike handles a lot better..

jags

« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2014, 02:28:36 pm »
Dan i thought of the accessory bar but it's still attached to steerer tube.

anyway i'm upstairs trying to get a packing list together that will do me for an overnighter or a week. keeping thinks as light as possible.dan wheres that list you posted a few months back. ;)

jags.

(still feckin raining )

Danneaux

• Administrator
  • reisen statt rasen
« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2014, 02:32:24 pm »
Hi Anto!

You could always take a page from the traditional randonneurs' book and put you 'bar bag on a front mini-rack with or without a decaleur, something like this: http://store.velo-orange.com/index.php/accessories/racks-decaleurs.html You'll see the ones I mean about halfway down the page.

These work best on bikes with low-trail geometry, but on any bike they do get the weight of the HB off the handlebars and down as low as possible -- just above the front wheel.

Best,

Dan. (...who is looking for that list and thinks he sent it to you by email)

jags

« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2014, 03:23:22 pm »
ah for another day i think i still have a few bit's to buy before i get to that stage.thanks for the link.
dan you more than likely did email me that list but its deleted by now sorry  buddy lol.

anto.