Community > Was it you?

Il padrone spotted in the wild

<< < (3/5) > >>

John Saxby:
a chain of cyclists?  a church of Rohloffistas?  a wheel of riders?  (This early-January heat is making me dizzy...)

jags:
gang of geeks  ;D ;D

in4:
I'm currently in The NT and it's hot here, but not as hot as Vic these past few weeks. Scorchio!
That is one very laden Nomad. I'm musing on riding part of The Savannah Way hence my keen eye on the amount of luggage being carried, particularly water.
How about a Veneration of Velos :)?

rafiki:
Here in my part of Spain the local people abhor silence. A group of cyclists may be heard at considerable distance over the marismas (marshes) chattering loudly, all at once, non-stop. They compete with migrating geese overhead. So I propose an Iberian variant: a 'gaggle of ciclistas'.

John Saxby:
:)

Pretty quiet here in Ottawa today, Brian -- we had 30 cms of snow overnight, so there are no vehicles on the streets as I write.  The CBC is interviewing people to see how/if they are getting around: one guy who usually bikes to work said that this week has been a bit dodgy, so today he skied to work -- "a glide of cyclists"?

The default today is certainly an "imbalance" or a "dearth", maybe even a "vacuum". 

This too will pass, however -- the calendar says that spring is just 5 weeks away...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version