Author Topic: Thorn's, Where Art Thou?  (Read 5024 times)

Istanbul_Tea

Thorn's, Where Art Thou?
« on: December 02, 2003, 08:03:18 pm »
Forums quieter than George Bush's brainwaves...

Fired off a few emails to Robin in the last week with no responses...

Is there some British religious holiday I don't know about that the Thorn's are on?

Or did the Thorn's convert and are celebrating Ramadon?

Or did they close shop, take my deposit and go on a bender at the local pub?

{{{{{HELLLO????????????????????}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Oh Great Thorn's PLEASE Awake And Be Heard!  [}:)][^][:(][8D]
« Last Edit: December 02, 2003, 08:03:48 pm by Istanbul_Tea »

TimCPike

Re: Thorn's, Where Art Thou?
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2003, 12:05:12 pm »
I haven't been told about this time off. That's not fair.

The forum needs to reach a critical mass of posters before it takes off.

We need more people here....

Brains

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2003, 09:26:07 pm »
Might be a good idea if Thorn/SJSC e-mailed all their customers over the last couple of years, or told every single web buyer of their bit'n'bobs about this forum

I only stumbled across this forum from a posting about it in another forum

mine's a Nomad

Cephas

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2003, 10:17:59 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by Brains

Might be a good idea if Thorn/SJSC e-mailed all their customers over the last couple of years, or told every single web buyer of their bit'n'bobs about this forum

I think they are trying. I received an email from Robin last week regarding this forum and around the same time the member list ('Members', up there in the right corner) jumped from 100 names to 150 almost overnight. (Current total: 178) But obviously, they are not reaching every Thorn owner. It's hard to imagine a business with such a far-flung customer base not maintaining a good mailing list.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2003, 10:20:12 pm by Cephas »

Robin Thorn

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2004, 02:04:59 pm »
Well we did mail all the people we had addresses for, but many of these bounced back as failed addresses, as to WRITING to people by letter this seems too costly both on us and the environment. Please just TELL your freinds!

Istanbul_Tea

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2004, 03:03:04 pm »
What if you're our only friend, Robin?  What if your very presence has forced us all into thinking of you as being our ONLY friend, our father, our leader?

Thornology, like Scientology, is a non-taxed religious cult of rogue, touring cyclists the world over that unite under the spell of their profound and all-knowing leader, one-Robin Thorn, or as he's known in religious circles, Robinicus Quantum Thornunpinicus.

He's known for his abilities to expouse knowledge on frame building materials and componentry as well as being able to bend and shape Reynolds 538 steel with his mind and create braze-ons by only needing to touch his bare fingers to a frames fork or seat tube.  All of this while broadcasting of the next apocolypse.

Authorities fear that he may be relocating soon to Waco, Texas or Guyana as he has been seen in various cafes around London keeping time with representatives from General Foods, notable for being the sole producers of Kool-Aid brand drink mix.

Cephas

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2004, 07:49:35 pm »
Whatcha bin smokin', I-T?  [:p]

Brains

« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2004, 03:21:29 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by Robin Thorn

Well we did mail all the people we had addresses for, but many of these bounced back as failed addresses, as to WRITING to people by letter this seems too costly both on us and the environment. Please just TELL your freinds!

Robin

You have my E-mail address, as all my dealings with you have been via E-mail. I did not get a circular from you.

I suspect you may find it was your ISP, many have rules that forbid the sending of a single message to more than 100 addresses on the basis that it is spam