Author Topic: New car reg plates arrived -- with bicycle theme!  (Read 1668 times)

Danneaux

• Administrator
  • reisen statt rasen
New car reg plates arrived -- with bicycle theme!
« on: November 05, 2013, 07:06:51 am »
Hi All!

The "Share the Road" cyclist plates arrived for the car today (photo below). This is an option for new plates or can be purchased separately, and join a variety of special-interest and non-profit plates issued by the state. As an avid cyclist, these were really the only choice for me. I think "sharing" goes both ways, so I try to "drive" considerately no matter which vehicle I operate.

These aren't custom or "vanity" plates, so a person gets what the state issues. They filter out all the "naughty words" and most of the clever ones, so I got "GSGK".

Any suggestions of a family-audience nature for a meaning or reverse acronym? 'Best I could come up with was "Good Speed, Good Karma" and "GodSpeed, Go Kindly".

Best,

Dan.

Andre Jute

Re: New car reg plates arrived -- with bicycle theme!
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2013, 10:05:13 am »
Goodlooking plates.

""GodSpeed, Go Kindly" sounds like Dylan Thomas getting up with a hangover, just knowing he will have a bad day, and have to wait until tomorrow for inspiration: "Rage, rage, against the dying of the light."

"Good Speed, Good Karma" sounds more like the business for a friend of JimK. It has the authentic East Coast mystical touch, especially for someone who goes into the desert to sleep in the rain with his feet in fast-forming cement... That's a keeper!

moodymac

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2013, 04:48:56 pm »

"especially for someone who goes into the desert to sleep in the rain with his feet in fast-forming cement..."

Oh Andre, you are a trip.  Love the way your brain works.  And Dan looks and sounds so sane!

Tom

Andre Jute

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2013, 11:16:13 pm »
 ;D