Community > Was it you?

Derby city centre

(1/3) > >>

PH:
Spotted 05/05/06 - New looking drop bar Raven Sport, red with black Rohloff and Schmidt.  Gleaming in the sunshine, looked very very nice.  The only Raven I've seen in Derby, except mine[:)]

Andy B:
That was mine! - Only 6 days old when you saw it.
I've never seen another Raven in Derby - PH, you must hide yours!

Very pleased with it so far - my main 'complaint' is tyre noise; having been used to 700 x 28's on my old trusty steed which had done 16 years service, the 1.5 inch Panaracers do roar a bit.
I was also used to down-tube levers, so have no problem at all with the accessory bar-mounted shifter.

PH:

Fame in the first week[;)]
I don't often take a bike into town as I live within easy walking distance.  It has been out for a few Audax and CTC rides and a years commuting to Burton and back, so hardly hidden.
I very nearly went for a similar spec to yours, but it would have been too similar to my other good bike, so I went for the rough tough go anywhere option.  It has proven to have been the right choice for me, but when I saw yours I must confess to a little twang of regret, it looks so good.
I have the same tyres as you I think, High Roads? I haven't noticed them being particularly loud, I probably will now you've mentioned it.
Just the right weather for getting used to it, I hope you’ve got some miles in.  I’ve been off the bike for a month following shoulder surgery, hopefully riding again some time next month.  I’ll have some catching up to do.

my bike

Grimian:
PH ........ hope you're back on your bike soon ..... saw your pic and I like it! the colour looks great [8D]

You seem to have quite a large frame by the pic .... have you had it long and how do you find life with a Rohloff [?]

graham:
Ah, some people with local knowledge of Derby.

Next month I've got to attend an overnight function with my employer at some hotel at east midlands airport which is, I believe, more or less Derby.
The evening event is a barbeque and shop talk with a lot of colleagues I'll probably never see again (we work from home and are spread all over the country). I'm vegetarian and burnt meat doesn't appeal much to me. So I thought I'd take my bike and go cycling instead.
Anyone know if there's a nice ride I could do of 20-30 miles starting somewhere near the hotel?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version