Author Topic: General Cycling Questionnaire - University major project  (Read 2601 times)

AdamMortlock

General Cycling Questionnaire - University major project
« on: October 14, 2013, 02:11:17 pm »
RESPONSE LIMIT HIT!!!!!

Hello fellow cyclists,

I am currently studying Product Design, as a keen cyclist for many years I have chosen to relate my major project on cycling and in particular 'Carrying capacity' on a bicycle. I am in the early stages at the minute and just generally assessing the market. I have a linked a quick questionnaire and would really, really appreciate it if you could fill it in as it will literally take less than 1 minute!

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/3JVY9VF

As I progress through this project I will be conducting more precise research to narrow down on potential problem so would also really appreciate it if you used this thread for an area of discussion that I will be active in to get more qualitative data.

Thanks a bunch!

Adam
« Last Edit: October 14, 2013, 08:36:41 pm by AdamMortlock »

AdamMortlock

Re: General Cycling Questionnaire - University major project
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2013, 08:36:17 pm »
HI :D

WOW you guys amazed me! Only 6 hours after posting the questionnaire you have already hit the limit of responses I can get, Thank you all so much. I will now analyse the results and see where to move on next! I will be making more questionnaires that are specific to different types of cyclists to try and establish product needs and USP’s. If you use your bicycle for touring or commuting please watch this space over the next day or two for new questionnaires.

Thanks again,

Adam.

John Saxby

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2013, 03:08:41 am »
Hey, Adam, good luck with your project!  and let me know your impressions of SurveyMonkey if you have a moment--I've used it myself on a couple of occasions, and have found it helpful for qualitative data ( if / if one gets the question right -- as always) as well as for multiple-choice answers.

A couple of references that may be of interest:

I saw in the papers that General Giap died a week ago. The obit published here (in Canada) was from the New York Times, and was surprisingly generous about his remarkable successes against the armed forces of two large, wealthy and powerful countries.  Interestingly, but not surprisingly (he said, with just an edge of exasperation in his voice), the writer did not mention that the general and his troops owed some of their colossal achievements to their creative use of thousands upon thousands of bicycles to carry supplies across huge distances in dire conditions.  Simple technology spiking advanced technology.

In a barely related vein, I hold in my mind some wonderful images from years ago, images of guys in rural Southern-Central Africa carrying steel bedframes and bedsprings crosswise on the rear racks of ancient Rudges and Raleighs, secured by strips of old inner tubes. (This, mind, while their womenfolk had to carry the household's water on their heads. Potentially liberating technology compromised by entrenched gender roles...)

AdamMortlock

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2013, 01:47:38 pm »
Hi John,

Thanks for the goodluck! am only in the beginning of week 4 (out of 12) and it's moving along nicely.

I am happy with SurveyMonkey it seems to have the necessary tools for the job!  :) I am only using the free options as I need to do many different questionnaires for establishing the market, finding product needs and then establishing a product so 100 responses does me fine.

Some interesting quotes there, the second one in particular, thanks

Thanks for filling out my Questionnaire also (I guess you did)

Also since yesterday I hit the 100 response cap and have made another questionnaire for toruing cyclists as it proved a interesting area of cycling with the most opportunities! So if you tour on your bike the link is below!

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/98NQX5Q

Thanks again John,

Adam.