Author Topic: Ukraine/Crimea  (Read 3858 times)

grisling

Ukraine/Crimea
« on: April 20, 2006, 08:10:46 am »
Planning tour in western Ukraine and the crimea in July. does anyone have knowledge about this area: camping, hotels, drinking water, prices ect?

Regards, Grisling, Copenhagen

Cycle Traveler

Re: Ukraine/Crimea
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2006, 09:55:54 pm »
If you've already done this route I'm too late to help.  But I did 600 miles in western Ukraine during July 06 and might be able to give you some information.  If your trip went off as planned I'd be interested in hearing about it.

Pete Davis
webpage:  davisp13.home.comcast.net

grisling

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2006, 12:54:01 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by Cycle Traveler

If you've already done this route I'm too late to help.  But I did 600 miles in western Ukraine during July 06 and might be able to give you some information.  If your trip went off as planned I'd be interested in hearing about it.

Pete Davis

grisling

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2006, 01:21:27 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by grisling

quote:

Pete Davis

Hi there, Ireturned beginning of August from a fantastic tour through the Ukrainian Carpathians along the river bordering nothern Romania. Everything went ok,people were so nice and the scenery great. The food wasnīt too interesting, but no trouble with drinking water, which we had been warned about. Only problem was the lack of camping sites, howevver we found a few, and cheap hotels as well, though they too were hard to find. we headed back through Bukivina and Maramures on the Romanian side, which was just as fine, and a bit more developed, through Hungary an Slovakia to fly home from Bratislava. The only dull strech was from Uhzgorod and south on a very flat part which we covered by bus. the roads, as you may know, was really amazing, some places 25% asphalt and 75% earthquake. However, we didnīt have a puncture. I could tell you more, when I get the time. Is there any specific places you would like to know about and could you recommend some some, because we will surely go back in a not so distant future. One of our plans is the Crimea, maybe in Easter.

Regards, Ole Copenhagen, Denmark

grisling

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2006, 01:22:21 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by grisling

quote:

Pete Davis

Hi there, Ireturned beginning of August from a fantastic tour through the Ukrainian Carpathians along the river bordering nothern Romania. Everything went ok,people were so nice and the scenery great. The food wasnīt too interesting, but no trouble with drinking water, which we had been warned about. Only problem was the lack of camping sites, howevver we found a few, and cheap hotels as well, though they too were hard to find. we headed back through Bukivina and Maramures on the Romanian side, which was just as fine, and a bit more developed, through Hungary an Slovakia to fly home from Bratislava. The only dull strech was from Uhzgorod and south on a very flat part which we covered by bus. the roads, as you may know, was really amazing, some places 25% asphalt and 75% earthquake. However, we didnīt have a puncture. I could tell you more, when I get the time. Is there any specific places you would like to know about and could you recommend some some, because we will surely go back in a not so distant future. One of our plans is the Crimea, maybe in Easter.

Regards, Ole Copenhagen, Denmark